AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Banned at AVSForum

Banned at AVSForum
« on: April 07, 2017, 09:38:21 AM »
I did not know where to Post this so I posted it where I post the most in forums.

Lately there has been quite heavy discussions at AVSForum regarding the Sony degradation and lately the JVC not firmware upgrading the RSx00 line. This has resulted in heavy Sony Vs JVC discussions that are simply stupid. I personally have tried to keep it professional and scientific, but it has not been easy.

Today I got a lifetime ban on that forum and I see that the other members in the discussion that have been much more personal and insulting than me is still able to post.

I find that to be highly unfair and the mods are not treating members equally.

Do you guys agree with me?

I know some dont and are just happy to get rid of me, but I think when I was banned others should have been to.

If the mods find this tread unfit for this forum they can just delete it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:40:55 AM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
I did not know where to Post this so I posted it where I post the most in forums.

Lately there has been quite heavy discussions at AVSForum regarding the Sony degradation and lately the JVC not firmware upgrading the RSx00 line. This has resulted in heavy Sony Vs JVC discussions that are simply stupid. I personally have tried to keep it professional and scientific, but it has not been easy.

Today I got a lifetime ban on that forum and I see that the other members in the discussion that have been much more personal and insulting than me is still able to post.

I know some dont and are just happy to get rid of me, but I think when I was banned others should have been to.

Welcome here Andreas. No, I don't think you should have been banned, but that other forum is giving me a headache lately anyway. So what can you say other than " good riddance " !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »
If anyone should have been banned there, I think you know who it should have been.  :-X

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:13:43 PM »
Sorry Andreas21. Welcome here. Would love to get you and Mani posting over here on this board.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »
Not correct to Bann you Andreas.
This was not fair. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:03:48 PM by Diddern »

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
Thanks guys!

I am sure you know who is sitting at home laughing out loud.

But Il be back! 8)
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »

Whoah, are you serious?  :o

I certainly do NOT think you should have been banned permanently there!  Sure, we have had our disagreements, but I think we are all coming from the same places if you know what I mean.  I think the reason that forum is dying is because it's too "PC" lately, like our world actually.  I think a good debate with some heated exchanges actually is GOOD in a way and sometimes really gets to the meat of the issue.  We had some knock down, drag outs on that forum years ago, but in the end we shared beers at CES/CEDIA, kissed and made up and I think we were all the better for it.

Please let me know if you need me to vouch for you over there to get you back, because I will.  Do you know if anyone else was banned from there due to those last few threads that went wild?  Good thing I am in HI and was sleeping while the fight went nuclear apparently, or else I may have also been caught up in it!  :-X

I don't think anyone really deserves a lifetime ban, unless they threaten real physical harm on someone.  We should all be "men" and be able to take some hits and get back up, dust ourselves off and get back in the "fight".  it builds character! ;)

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
Whoah, are you serious?  :o

I certainly do NOT think you should have been banned permanently there!  Sure, we have had our disagreements, but I think we are all coming from the same places if you know what I mean.  I think the reason that forum is dying is because it's too "PC" lately, like our world actually.  I think a good debate with some heated exchanges actually is GOOD in a way and sometimes really gets to the meat of the issue.  We had some knock down, drag outs on that forum years ago, but in the end we shared beers at CES/CEDIA, kissed and made up and I think we were all the better for it.

Please let me know if you need me to vouch for you over there to get you back, because I will.  Do you know if anyone else was banned from there due to those last few threads that went wild?  Good thing I am in HI and was sleeping while the fight went nuclear apparently, or else I may have also been caught up in it!  :-X

I don't think anyone really deserves a lifetime ban, unless they threaten real physical harm on someone.  We should all be "men" and be able to take some hits and get back up, dust ourselves off and get back in the "fight".  it builds character! ;)

I must have missed something after 5pm my time too. Can't sit in front of a computer all day and night, no matter how entertaining.  :o

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
I must have missed something after 5pm my time too. Can't sit in front of a computer all day and night, no matter how entertaining.  :o

Nothing special happened, they closed a couple of treads and none of my posts was deleted, this was yesterday. I did not post anything after that other than answering a couple of questions in other treads, and when I tried to log in today I got the message I was banned and the ban will never be lifted.

So I actually have no idea why I was banned as I can not login to see the last infraction. Why I was the only one banned is also a mystery to me.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:55:33 PM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 08:20:02 PM »
Nothing special happened, they closed a couple of treads and none of my posts was deleted, this was yesterday. I did not post anything after that other than answering a couple of questions in other treads, and when I tried to log in today I got the message I was banned and the ban will never be lifted.

So I actually have no idea why I was banned as I can not login to see the last infraction. Why I was the only one banned is also a mystery to me.

Wow!  Sorry to hear that man!  :(

bmoney

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
welcome to the club.

I was infracted for calling MBM "ghetto blasters" while others were calling ME derogatory names...so I called the mod a loser on a power trip ...so they perma banned me...lol

such a joke
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »
welcome to the club.

I was infracted for calling MBM "ghetto blasters" while others were calling ME derogatory names...so I called the mod a loser on a power trip ...so they perma banned me...lol

such a joke

And your ban is never lifted or did you get a 3 month ban?
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »
I just got a mail from AVS now and they told me there is no chance for my user to be reinstated. This just shows how badly the forum is driven and how bad the moderators are moderating.

I say thank you for the support and I will now stop posting in forums, but I will still use it to update my knowledge and keep up to date on calibration and projectors.

I want to say a special thank you to @roxiedog13, you really made my days in the forum fun and I learned a hole lot from you!

Bye! 8)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:13:01 AM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
Its interesting you got banned as you have not been shy pointing fingers of others banned there, or done your best to get people banned on other forums, so guess its ok they ban people you dont like for whatever reason, but when it happens to you its kind of different.

I guess you had refractions piling up from the past, and you nailed the last one to get a permanent ban.

Anyways, welcome in the banned forever club. 8)

bmoney

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 08:41:08 AM »
And your ban is never lifted or did you get a 3 month ban?

never lifted...not gonna lie...been a lot less aggravation not replying to the morons on that site
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up