AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Banned at AVSForum

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »
Didn't know you got banned until now!  What a bunch of BS.  I stayed out of the two threads on AVSForums, one of them was closed yesterday, thankfully.  I don't think those two persons are going to get JVC to change anything posting on a public forum.  Anyways, welcome over here where the grass always seems a little greener.  I wish more people would post over here!  Can I get a "Dark forum" over here please?  8) ;)

AVSMike

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 10:40:40 AM »
Yep, wish we could get more over here. On the other forum, I can't even let people know about any specials we have going on and we have some really good ones, right now.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »
I do have to say, it does seem like some mods over there are on quite the power trip.  It reminds of back in my grade school days and one of your friends got chosen as a Hall Safety Patrol Monitor.  Once they put on that fluorescent belt with the shoulder strap.....Oh boy, look out!  Their big head couldn't fit through the double doors of the entrance way anymore!  ;D

Javs

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »
Completely uncalled for. The thread in question should have been closed long ago. All it was was a trashing thread about buyers remorse, not a genuine issue.

The wrong person was banned IMO, at least, I hope the other person got some sort of infraction.

I know it was my post which triggered the lock down, but I am sorry, I wont stand by while totally false information is spread. I think you guys agree, it can seem like it goes on and on, but it was getting out of hand the amount of complaining based on a list of false facts. So I corrected him, and so did others.

NO IDEA why Andreas has been banned though, he didn't do anything wrong in that thread, must have been the OP reporting every single post of his and writing complaints to the Mods, that's the only thing I can think of...

Wonder how many times he has done the same with me, thankfully I have never had an infraction, touch wood.

Opinions are one thing, I will never argue those, false and incorrect information in a public forum, I will argue those until I am blue in the face.
JVC X9500 (RS620) | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | Emotiva 5175 | Rotel RMB-1555B | iNuke 3000DSP | Javelin Audio 7.4.2 System

bmoney

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 07:10:33 AM »
I do have to say, it does seem like some mods over there are on quite the power trip.  It reminds of back in my grade school days and one of your friends got chosen as a Hall Safety Patrol Monitor.  Once they put on that fluorescent belt with the shoulder strap.....Oh boy, look out!  Their big head couldn't fit through the double doors of the entrance way anymore!  ;D

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/708/lo7.JPG
Banned at AVSForum
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »

Wonder how many times he has done the same with me, thankfully I have never had an infraction, touch wood.

Opinions are one thing, I will never argue those, false and incorrect information in a public forum, I will argue those until I am blue in the face.

I have 3 pages of infractions over the years at AVS. However, the current zero tolerance policy at AVS is really offensive. Enjoying reads here, though...
Drink more wine...

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
Thanks guys!

I actually did not have that many infractions with never disappearing points and I have no idea how many of those points I had before the forever ban. I don´t know how many point one can get before a forever ban either. I asked this with the contact us button, but I never got an answer. I got an answer why I was banned though and it was for insulting members?? I don´t think I posted many insulting posts in the last months. I had quite many one point infractions over the years, but they disappear after a while if I am not mistaken.

I got a 14 day ban a couple of years ago for calling a member "childish", and in my country that is not insulting. And the member I called that was acting like a child so I was actually just pointing out a fact... :)

I think the forum is run in a very bad way and I was actually thinking of asking for my user to be deleted anyway. The mods do a very bad job and they are treating members very different and are not fair at all. I have a friend and by mistake he has two users in there and he got a never ending ban because of it and when he asked if the very old user to be deleted he got the answer users can not be deleted in there. How can that be?

Why @roxiedog13 is allowed to post so much misinformation in there is a big mystery to me, @Javs and many others has corrected him many times and like always he simply ignores the truth and thinks he is just a fair user just wanting to help others?? I think this is very far from the truth.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:08:07 PM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
I have 3 pages of infractions over the years at AVS. However, the current zero tolerance policy at AVS is really offensive. Enjoying reads here, though...

Same here with 3 pages. Sometimes things get heated. I agree with Javs. I cannot stand when people try and spread misinformation. There are 3-4 knuckleheads over on AVSForum that do this constantly and the same dozen or so people get involved and more often than not the people who deserve the ban or infraction aren't the ones who get it.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »
Same here with 3 pages. Sometimes things get heated. I agree with Javs. I cannot stand when people try and spread misinformation. There are 3-4 knuckleheads over on AVSForum that do this constantly and the same dozen or so people get involved and more often than not the people who deserve the ban or infraction aren't the ones who get it.

Hey, I represent that remark!  Oh no, that's just more "misinformation" that I am spreading.  Sorry. ;)

Signed,
A "Knucklehead"

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
never lifted...not gonna lie...been a lot less aggravation not replying to the morons on that site

I just got banned for life too. Seegs108 at AVSForum is no more. Agreed with your sentiment. Apparently by complaining Sony uses software to fix the hardware issues is too much for the mods to handle:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:24:34 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 01:28:27 PM »
It's better over here.  8)  We need more discussion on this forum.  :)

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »
I just got banned for life too. Seegs108 at AVSForum is no more. Agreed with your sentiment. Apparently by complaining Sony uses software to fix the hardware issues is too much for the mods to handle:

Wow - must have been the " two toddlers " comment - which is now gone.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
Wow - must have been the " two toddlers " comment - which is now gone.

Actually it was that I said "Fix the f*cking lens" in that exact way. If you look at my last post you'll see it was edited by a moderator and removed the bad language. I assume he's the one who banned me for life. Out of all the arguments I've gotten into there, ironically it's my potty mouth that gets me permanently banned and not  one of the arguments. Seems like a harsh punishment for an already censored swear word.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:26:24 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

bmoney

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »
welcome to the club!!

and yes much better here welcome!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »
It's better over here.  8)  We need more discussion on this forum.  :)

Agreed. I still think the forum needs a hook to get more people over here. Some official reviews of AV products would be good. Something similar to what AVForum does over in the UK would be a good format. A nice writeup, with a shorter but still informative video.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal