AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Banned at AVSForum

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »
Agreed. I still think the forum needs a hook to get more people over here. Some official reviews of AV products would be good. Something similar to what AVForum does over in the UK would be a good format. A nice writeup, with a shorter but still informative video.

How about you start a thread where you post reviews of the many projectors that you test. I'm thinking " Dylan's Corner " has a nice ring to it ! Use all the self censored swear words you want !  ;D
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »
How about you start a thread where you post reviews of the many projectors that you test. I'm thinking " Dylan's Corner " has a nice ring to it ! Use all the self censored swear words you want !  ;D

If I were to do something like this it would have to be professional.  Reviews should be about objective truths, not based on the reviewer's subjective take on how it performs. I mean, yes, there would be a little write up on that too,  but not everyone is going to want to read a tirade on how I personally don't like something because it may not bother that person as much as it does me. So my criticisms would be briefly talked about and if possible a photo or some other evidence of the issue would be presented, but I would probably leave it at that and let the reader make their own mind up about it. Or they could ask me in a PM or on the forum in another thread.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:23:45 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

MrTibbs

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 04:37:28 PM »
I wasnt banned today but I got two stupid childish warnings - one was because I disagreed with an EX MOD and they warned me for 'ignoring staff rules' - you cant even dispute it. Anyway - ive been there 16yrs and get treated like crap so i hit google and found you guys (although I thought you were one and the same).

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
I wasnt banned today but I got two stupid childish warnings - one was because I disagreed with an EX MOD and they warned me for 'ignoring staff rules' - you cant even dispute it. Anyway - ive been there 16yrs and get treated like crap so i hit google and found you guys (although I thought you were one and the same).

Mr. Tibbs, is that you?  Kidding, because I have no idea who you are.  What was your screen name over at the other site?

bmoney

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »
I'd be very willing to be a reviewer if allowed
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
Actually it was that I said "Fix the f*cking lens" in that exact way. If you look at my last post you'll see it was edited by a moderator and removed the bad language. I assume he's the one who banned me for life. Out of all the arguments I've gotten into there, ironically it's my potty mouth that gets me permanently banned and not  one of the arguments. Seems like a harsh punishment for an already censored swear word.

They probably just used that as an excuse.  I'm really not sure what's going on over there...

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 12:06:27 AM »
They probably just used that as an excuse.  I'm really not sure what's going on over there...

Who knows? I may have pissed off a forum sponsor who wants to sell a lot of Sony 4Ks this year. To be fair though I never started any of the conversations revolving around the known issues. I simply answered questions and corrected falsehoods about the problems being presented. Either way, none of these issues look good especially when a lot of dealers are hoping to sell a lot of projectors this fall. This is just my guess. I've said many worse things on the forum before and the punishment has never been this bad. Usually just a warning or a thread being locked. Apparently self censoring the F-word is crossing the line?
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

NBPk402

• Living the retired life
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 12:42:01 AM »
I got banned a couple of weeks ago...not permanent though..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:28:05 PM by ellisr63 »
Marantz av8805a, 3 K402MEHs, 4 Klipsch RP150Ms, MINIDSP DDRC88M, 1 7 channel woofer amp & heights, 3 Icepower amps, Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, Lumin U1 mini, 2 Yamaha P2500s, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, 2 Furman filters, ProJect RPM 1.3 Carbon Turntable,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp

AVSMike

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »
I just got banned for life too. Seegs108 at AVSForum is no more. Agreed with your sentiment. Apparently by complaining Sony uses software to fix the hardware issues is too much for the mods to handle:

That sucks. Would love to get more of the old group over here and then it would help draw more people.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
That sucks. Would love to get more of the old group over here and then it would help draw more people.

They will all be here just as soon as they get banned too !  :-X ;D

Javs

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 01:28:46 AM »
What the F!?

This is crazy.

Amazingly I have never even received an infraction, whatever those are.
JVC X9500 (RS620) | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | Emotiva 5175 | Rotel RMB-1555B | iNuke 3000DSP | Javelin Audio 7.4.2 System

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 02:22:11 AM »
What the F!?

This is crazy.

Arguments get heated sometimes. Infractions are often given when things get personal and don't remain on topic. Though this time there was no argument. I'm not sure how and why a lifetime ban was necessary from my post? Without being able to log into my account I don't even have the option to PM a moderator to ask about all of this and why a lifetime ban was an appropriate response. I mean, wouldn't something like a 30 day ban be more appropriate? No one person was harmed or attacked with my last post.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:27:23 AM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

bmoney

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
well if you read why I was perma banned...it was for calling MBM's the HT equivalent of a ghettoblaster......wtf??

how is ghettoblaster insulting!!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2017, 09:42:15 AM »
As long as they have enough active accounts, they can ban whoever they want without hurting their business.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
What the F!?

This is crazy.

I got an infraction for putting a link to this website - in a PM !  >:(

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal