• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »
You're such a rebel, Craig.  ;D :P

Rebels get permanently banned, so you really can't win !  :-X
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 11:31:34 AM »
I just got banned for life too. Seegs108 at AVSForum is no more. Agreed with your sentiment. Apparently by complaining Sony uses software to fix the hardware issues is too much for the mods to handle:

How did you find out that Seegs108 is no more?  I don't agree with everything he says (obviously), but I respect his opinions and feel that I learn from him as well.  How could we get him over here?  (Along with many others, preferrably)  I apologize that I am more of a lurker than poster, but appreciate all of you.

Kevin

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »
How did you find out that Seegs108 is no more?  I don't agree with everything he says (obviously), but I respect his opinions and feel that I learn from him as well.  How could we get him over here?  (Along with many others, preferrably)  I apologize that I am more of a lurker than poster, but appreciate all of you.

Kevin

He is here - he posted that !

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »
Arguments get heated sometimes. Infractions are often given when things get personal and don't remain on topic. Though this time there was no argument. I'm not sure how and why a lifetime ban was necessary from my post? Without being able to log into my account I don't even have the option to PM a moderator to ask about all of this and why a lifetime ban was an appropriate response. I mean, wouldn't something like a 30 day ban be more appropriate? No one person was harmed or attacked with my last post.

I think if a vendor reports that they feel insulted, no matter how unjustifyed that is your pretty sure to get booted without any explanation. Welcome in the club.. ;)

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 02:37:36 PM »
I think if a vendor reports that they feel insulted, no matter how unjustifyed that is your pretty sure to get booted without any explanation. Welcome in the club.. ;)

I have no evidence at all that this is what happened. I just don't think I did anything particularly bad, relatively speaking, to justify a ban. I've been in much worse ad hominem situations before. This wasn't even an ad hominem situation. This is why I have a feeling there was some sort of ulterior motive behind my ban and that they're using my bad language as a justification to issue the ban.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:39:56 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
I have no evidence at all that this is what happened. I just don't think I did anything particularly bad, relatively speaking, to justify a ban. I've been in much worse ad hominem situations before. This wasn't even an ad hominem situation. This is why I have a feeling there was some sort of ulterior motive behind my ban and that they're using my bad language as a justification to issue the ban.

My feeling is that anything that can upset vendors/ advertisors, discovery of issues or facts they like not to be talked about, will get you banned sooner or later, its not a forum for the users, but a advertising site, so the shiny ilusion about the products have to remain intact. And you have for sure scratched the paint on some.

No matter if your right, or not, it cost sales, so they have to remove you to not risk loosing profit from advertisors.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »
Does Sony even advertise there?

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »
Does Sony even advertise there?

Companies that sell Sony do. I suspect a lot of money is to be made now that they have native 4K projectors at the $4999 and $7999 price points. More people are capable of buying them now which means that if expectations of performance were brought down to non-hyperbole levels less units will sell. I'm not even posting there anymore and people are still discussing banding issues. If you look at the 285ES owners thread an owner who took possession of his unit yesterday said he can see banding if he looks closely at the image. This isn't just with 4K 60p 10 bit HDR content either. Same thing I've been complaining about for years. I wonder if they're going to ban him next?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:05:38 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2017, 12:04:16 PM »
Companies that sell Sony do. I suspect a lot of money is to be made now that they have native 4K projectors at the $4999 and $7999 price points. More people are capable of buying them now which means that if expectations of performance were brought down to non-hyperbole levels less units will sell. I'm not even posting there anymore and people are still discussing banding issues. If you look at the 285ES owners thread an owner who took possession of his unit yesterday said he can see banding if he looks closely at the image. This isn't just with 4K 60p 10 bit HDR content either. Same thing I've been complaining about for years. I wonder if they're going to ban him next?

I don't think one needs to look for conspiracy theories to explain your ban. Most likely you just irritated the wrong people too many times. The moderators probably just got tired of getting emails from members you rubbed the wrong way.

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
I don't think one needs to look for conspiracy theories to explain your ban. Most likely you just irritated the wrong people too many times. The moderators probably just got tired of getting emails from members you rubbed the wrong way.

There is probably a fair bit of truth in this. I will say, however, that things only became heated with people who were either equally nasty to me or from people who simply did not want to accept the truth about things.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
Sorry to hear about this.  I really found your posts and experiences very informative.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:42:55 PM by DavidHir »

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 12:43:58 AM »
I'd guess that rather than a company complaining, Dylan was thrown under the bus by a Martin and a dog, and their followers. 

Probably, but c'mon...conspiracy theories are more fun. ;D
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 03:53:25 AM »
I just got banned for life too. Seegs108 at AVSForum is no more. Agreed with your sentiment. Apparently by complaining Sony uses software to fix the hardware issues is too much for the mods to handle:

I am sorry to hear you are now in the same club as me, and it seems to grow quite quickly.

I think @roxiedog13 is on a roll now and he is getting all Sony critics banned for life in there, it is simply a disgrace you got banned, and I feel the same for myself. I have tried to get my user reopened, but it is simply impossible . It is like I am a serial killer with no chance of parole. 8)

I think the moderators at AVS is doing a really bad job with the lifetime bans, they are banning the wrong people .

I think it is time to get this forum up to a level so we can start using this instead and AVS will slowly die, and the way they treat users they clearly deserve it.

When I was permanently banned I also did nothing major in my posts earlier other than describing a Fanboy and how he behaves in a quote of @roxiedog13. I got the ban a day later and I did not understand. The reason I was banned permanently was for insults. I dont know how it works in thw US, but many of my infractions is not even close to be called an insult in my  country. I got a 14 day ban for calliong a member childish when he clearly was, I would never even got a warning for that in a Norwegian forum.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:00:59 AM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

AVSMike

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »

I would think that you would have to be a poster to complain and Sony, JVC nor Epson post.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal