AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Banned at AVSForum

AVSMike

Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 07:49:20 AM »
My feeling is that anything that can upset vendors/ advertisors, discovery of issues or facts they like not to be talked about, will get you banned sooner or later, its not a forum for the users, but a advertising site, so the shiny ilusion about the products have to remain intact. And you have for sure scratched the paint on some.

No matter if your right, or not, it cost sales, so they have to remove you to not risk loosing profit from advertisors.

Then you would think that some people in the CMD thread would have been banned. That thread was much worse than the Sony contrast loss thread. Besides the Sony contrast loss thread was up for several years, so that blows that theory out of the water. I think several posters that did not like what or how something was posted, just complained a lot. The administration got tired of constantly fielding these complaints and banned Seegs. That is my guess.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »
I would think that you would have to be a poster to complain and Sony, JVC nor Epson post.

I made a Hdfury user review wich i know Hdfury reported as insulting, and there is plenty of dealers calibrators and alike that have financial interests in reporting specifik users creating bad pr for specifik products.. Ill bet it would not be very much different on this forum if it came to a situation where a user posted stuff costing the forum owner money, like lost sales or advertising income.

A forum is not a place where justice rules, its a place where the ones running the forum rules, and in the end.. Money rules, potentially a forum created by users for users would be a bit different, but that normaly also gets messed up in personal intrests.

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:48 PM »
Then you would think that some people in the CMD thread would have been banned. That thread was much worse than the Sony contrast loss thread. Besides the Sony contrast loss thread was up for several years, so that blows that theory out of the water. I think several posters that did not like what or how something was posted, just complained a lot. The administration got tired of constantly fielding these complaints and banned Seegs. That is my guess.

That dog over there which makes a lot of messes seems to have a good relationship with the mods.

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »
That dog over there which makes a lot of messes seems to have a good relationship with the mods.

Which is why I put him on my ignore list a year ago.  He's still at his shenanigans I see.

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
Which is why I put him on my ignore list a year ago.  He's still at his shenanigans I see.

Seemed like the best place for him  ???

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2017, 02:36:14 AM »
I think some people on the avsforum have figured out that the following tends to work there:

1. Deceive
2. Whine to the mods to get help getting corrections to your deceptions removed.
3. Repeat

Some of us won't do things like that even though we know we could get away with it.

I personally wouldn't trust one poster from there any further than I could see him. It isn't that he was wrong (we are all wrong sometimes), it is what he has done since he was wrong that I think falls into the deception category. He even has tried to fool people into thinking that a response he got from a JVC person actually supports the essence of his original position about lens requirements even though it completely contradicts his original position and supports what I told him from the beginning, just like what Rod Sterling of JVC said on the subject matter (where Rod would likely be that other JVC person's superior on subjects like lens requirements).

Unfortunately, some people will take a representative of a company being nice and implying that they basically understand things, just before the representative tells them why they are wrong (the word "however" is a good clue), as an opportunity to deceive and make it look like their original position had merit, when it has none.

Hopefully people here won't be fooled. If Sony decides to add eShift to their 4k projectors it won't shock me at all if they try to fool people into thinking that eShift doesn't change the lens requirements at all, while higher native resolutions do. The no change to lens requirements with eShift is completely false if you believe that higher native resolutions increase lens requirements, so if Sony chooses that path, hopefully people won't be fooled. Same thing if DLP manufacturers add XPR to 4k projectors.

There are some people over there who I think are trustworthy, so it isn't all bad. Javs on the avsforum originally thought like many others that since eShift sub-frames don't go through the lens at the same time they don't affect the lens requirements, but after thinking about it a little bit he realized he had been wrong. He then took the path of integrity and admitted he had been wrong to start with. He is one of the members I trust on that site.

I personally think it is sad when the truth doesn't count for a whole lot. Hopefully it does on this site.

--Darin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:39:31 AM by AVSMike »

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
Yeah, what is going on over there....

I keep looking at the new RS640 thread, and it's basically a whine about JVC thread.  I realize there's only a couple units in folks hands, but like 99% of the posts in that thread are talking about issues with older models.  I don't remember the RS600 or RS620 threads being like that, but then again I didn't really start following the RS600 one until I got mine which was a while after it came out.   And it seems like a lot of the folks that have been banned have been rather "pro JVC".

It's almost like there's a concerted anti-JVC effort going on over there.

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
Speaking of CMD banding. I see AMartin seems fine with the banding issues on the 385ES with a 4K60 10bit image. Talk about a hypocritical POS. If you bitch about an issue that much and then give the other brand a pass when that brand has the same issue just as bad (or worse in the case of the Sony) you're a fanboy who's only purpose was to dramatize and discredit a brand as much as possible. He's literally the worst person on that forum. If JVC had the same issues the Sony has, you'd be seeing just as much noise from me about them as I've made about the Sonys. When JVCs had terrible issues with motion years back I made a lot of noise. I don't discriminate based on brand, but rather who has the most obnoxious issues at any given time.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 02:01:41 PM »
Speaking of CMD banding. I see AMartin seems fine with the banding issues on the 385ES with a 4K60 10bit image.

Yeah, I'm still not sure why him and Toe are posting so much in the RS640 thread when neither of them have one, nor will be getting one.

-edit, I guess Toe has one, I should really ignore folks on my Ignore list.  :-\

If JVC had the same issues the Sony has, you'd be seeing just as much noise from me about them as I've made about the Sonys. When JVCs had terrible issues with motion years back I made a lot of noise.

I remember those days, you DLP shill ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:39:07 AM by stanger89 »

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm still not sure why him and Toe are posting so much in the RS640 thread when neither of them have one, nor will be getting one.

I remember those days, you DLP shill ;)

As you know the PD8150 was excellent and class leading up until a few years ago. Then JVC fixed the majority of their major issues and dominated the market in terms of price and overall performance.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
I cannot help but notice how much Sony advertising has been taking place on the other forum lately.  Of course, their front page ran a 5000ES "white paper" infomercial article series some not long ago.  I am starting to wonder if this is explaining some of the biased moderating on the site.  Money talks, the rest walks...as it's said in a more polite manner.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »
Actually I noticed that too. Who knows.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »
Its nothing new.. You just wont notice it untill you say something that dont agree with the advertising ( money flow), wich is not written into the rules. Its like that on all forums, some worse than others.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:16:50 PM by stridsvognen »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
Its nothing new.. You just wont notice it untill you say something that dont agree with the advertising ( money flow), wich is not written into the rules. Its like that on all forums, some worse than others.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.avsforum.com

Looks like the reviews went downhill after Verticalscope bought it. Hummm...........
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2017, 06:03:11 PM »

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.avsforum.com

No advertising on this forum.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal