AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC RS3000

Re: JVC RS3000
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2019, 10:47:25 PM »

Believe it or not, the older JVC projectors took even longer. This is something JVC has been working on. If you're watching cable and switching channels alters the resolution, I can imagine the long HDMI sync time could get annoying. If that's where you're running into issues, most cable boxes will allow you to set a single resolution to output at all times. The cable box will scale any content that isn't the same as the set output resolution. This should help.
I’m running a 4k players ( nearly 300 4k UHD Discs ) Panasonic UB9000/820/420 for 4K UHD only no cable. But your right it’s been a long while since I’ve had the older JVC models I’ve forgotten how bad they were with Hdmi Handshake. My Sony 995es was quicker with the handshake but it doesn’t make up for the issues they all have.

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
Hi all 

Tried to get an answer from the other forum with no luck I’ve noticed looking at the proj from the front when on low lamp mode the fan in the right side is not turning. The heat is coming out from the left vent only. Is the right hand side fan should be turning or does that kick in high lamp mode or increase of temp ?

Cheers 

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
I will do my best to check on this for you. If you place the projector into high lamp mode, does the other fan kick on? I wouldn't worry about this (if it truly is an issue) damaging the projector. If the internal temperature of the projector gets too hot, the projector will shut itself off.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:05 PM »
I will do my best to check on this for you. If you place the projector into high lamp mode, does the other fan kick on? I wouldn't worry about this (if it truly is an issue) damaging the projector. If the internal temperature of the projector gets too hot, the projector will shut itself off.
To be honest Dylan I have not checked high Lamp mode. I assumed that the fan worked regardless. On low lamp mode its literally whisper quiet.

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2019, 11:57:19 PM »
Hi Dylan 

I’m an idiot. Ive looked at the frame of the fan instead. I just looked closely and the fan is going. 

Im losing it :-\

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2019, 01:55:08 PM »
Hi Dylan

I’m an idiot. Ive looked at the frame of the fan instead. I just looked closely and the fan is going.

Im losing it :-\
You are looking in the wrong direction - the screen is behind you ! ::)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
You are looking in the wrong direction - the screen is behind you ! ::)
Lol :) you are correct 

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2019, 09:38:43 PM »
No worries, we all make mistakes like this from time to time. Just be happy that there isn't an issue with your expensive projector haha
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2019, 10:19:15 PM »
No worries, we all make mistakes like this from time to time. Just be happy that there isn't an issue with your expensive projector haha
I wouldn’t be happy. After going through Sony’s issues it’s all I need. But I’m glad it’s okay. 

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2019, 10:10:44 PM »
I got the NX9, same as RS3000, last week from JVC to review. Really impressed so far. This thing is quite a bit brighter than my RS2000 from the same distance back from my screen. Native contrast is a little better (only measured OOTB contrast so far), but the dynamic contrast is much better than the RS2000's. I measured 475,000:1 max dynamic contrast OOTB. This is about twice that of my RS2000. Then there's the lens. It's not as sharp as I thought it was going to be against my RS2000, but I guess that shows you how good the 65mm lens is on the RS2000, but overall there's much more clarity to the image on the NX9.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:29:36 AM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »
I got the NX9, same as RS3000, last week from JVC to review. Really impressed so far. This thing is quite a bit brighter than my RS2000 from the same distance back from my screen. Native contrast is a little better (only measured OOTB contrast so far), but the dynamic contrast is much better than the RS2000's. I measured 475,000:1 max dynamic contrast OOTB. This is about twice that of my RS2000. Then there's the lens. It's not as sharp as I thought it was going to be against my RS2000, but I guess that shows you how good the 65mm lens is on the RS2000, but overall there's much more clarity to the image on the RS3000.
I’m impressed with the NX9 still learning it. Getting to understand what some of the noises are. I noticed the colour filter when on / off makes noise lol. 

coming from the Sony 995es the lens on the JVC is quite similar very sharp. The locos panels vs SXRD panels the Jvc ones are definitely better than what’s on the Sony. 

still putting it through its paces. 

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2019, 07:31:41 AM »
I’m impressed with the NX9 still learning it. Getting to understand what some of the noises are. I noticed the colour filter when on / off makes noise lol.

coming from the Sony 995es the lens on the JVC is quite similar very sharp. The locos panels vs SXRD panels the Jvc ones are definitely better than what’s on the Sony.

still putting it through its paces.

The color filter is motorized and moves in and out of the light path. That's why you hear it when it engages and disengages.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2019, 07:46:21 AM »
The color filter is motorized and moves in and out of the light path. That's why you hear it when it engages and disengages.
Funny thing though when it goes ( Hdmi handshake )  coming from HDR ( Wide ) going to home screen if I use THX mode for Blu ray it disengages and engages again.  Wouldn’t that cause issue later down the track ?

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »
On another this happens only on that masciola disc HDR 10 using dynamic contrast - what is that green spots - lights ??

Not sure why photo uploads sideways

Setup is aperture 0 auto 2 Frame by Frame. Ive tried manual Aperture I’ve tried static tone mapping still there on dynamic contrast. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:11:35 AM by Franin »

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2019, 09:08:49 AM »
Funny thing though when it goes ( Hdmi handshake )  coming from HDR ( Wide ) going to home screen if I use THX mode for Blu ray it disengages and engages again.  Wouldn’t that cause issue later down the track ?

I'm sure JVC has factored in for this type of switching. The older eshift models had a similar filter that would engage and disengage too and I haven't heard a single person say the filter mechanism has failed.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal