AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9

jj-34

Autocal does 33-pt gamma calibration, whereas the manual gamma calibration only provides 12 points. I was referring to checking the results of Autocal using HCFR etc.
Next step ..... will do a greyscale sweep and see how it looks like 8)

Hello guys!
I will be getting an RS540 next week. I read someone here that says he used V11 with the RWS540 but from JVC page it seems V10 is the highest compatible with the 540. 
Has anyone used a newer version?

jj-34

JVC Autocal versions unlike firmwares are not newer or older, they are only projector and sensor related.
For your RS540 there's only one version : V10 + sensors I1 Pro2 or Spyder 5

Has anyone tried this to use the i1 display pro?
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/videoprojection/jvc-autocalibrage-avec-la-i1d3-t30103942.html
Or too risky?
It works very well, but the author has withdrawn it due to potential copyright issues.

Hello!
I know this is not for the version I am running, but can someone give me an idea of how my results are so far and how to interpret them better so I can tell when I am actually getting better results? :)

I am attaching results (USER 5) with REC2020 and also the displaycal 3DLut.
|
Then the 2nd (user 3) set is for a custom profile from "MANNI" 2020NF.

I think this is how I am going to leave it as I believe I got pretty good results without the filter so I can get more light to keep my desired screen size.
This is with HDR color profile and -4 so I can get more seamless Auto Iris and hopefully prolong its life vs going from wide open aperture.

Closing the iris does not prolong the lamp life.  If anything, more heat will be "trapped" in the projector.
I was not talking about the lamp life. I am referring to the reported issues with Auto Iris going bad. I would think going from -4 instead of 0 makes it work less hard plus it less noticeable when the light level drops.

Hello everybody,

I have two questions related to new RS2000 auto-calibration process, since some issues are still not clear to me.

1st. Using a Spyder X meter, looking at calibration manual, it is reported that i have to adjust projector to screen distance so to stay in the orange box. But, what about if i have a roof projector + fixed screen and can't arrange their distance to stay into the box? JVC lens throw is very wide, so distances can vary very much (2 to 6 meters also). Can i still proceed in the process even if out of the box or what else?

2nd. With latest firmware upgrade, which introduced the HDR frame adapter, if i manage to calibrate colors of that mode, is the process adjusting BT 2020 color space? I mean, at the end of colour calibration of HDR frame adapter mode, will result calibrated all profiles using BT 2020 with same parameters (iris, lamp level, etc)?

Thanks for your help,

BR,
Federico

You can still proceed with the calibration even if the image shows outside the orange box.  You may want to adjust the zoom to produce the smallest (brightest) image, for gamma autocal.

You cannot run autocal with the projector in Frame Adapt mode, so you will have to use HDR10 or a user mode with the same general settings (profile, lamp power).

You can still proceed with the calibration even if the image shows outside the orange box.  You may want to adjust the zoom to produce the smallest (brightest) image, for gamma autocal.

You cannot run autocal with the projector in Frame Adapt mode, so you will have to use HDR10 or a user mode with the same general settings (profile, lamp power).
Profile is not relevant. Same [lamp power, iris aperture, color filter] for color calibration, same [lamp power, color filter] for gamma calibration. Color filter is not present/considered in case of N5/RS1000

ENT

Hi guys, does anyone know the key sequence to be typed on the remote control to access the service menu for N7?
Thanks

Hi guys, does anyone know the key sequence to be typed on the remote control to access the service menu for N7?
Thanks
Unlike the e-shift models which require a specific button sequence on the remote, for the N7 the factory reset can be accessed directly from the standard menu.
Anything else that can only be accessed from the service menu?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:05:32 PM by dcchan2 »

Brought a used i1 Pro2 and is trying to use V12 in window 10 . Install driver from X-rite site, Software V12 failed to recognize the driver when I click on icon. i1 Pro2 did blink once. Need help, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:35:36 AM by richmond5 »

The i1Pro2 needs to be placed in the calibration base plate with the white calibration tile open, when you click on the icon. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal