AVS Discussions
  Go Down

2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread

Re: 2020 Denon AVR Owner's thread
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2020, 04:05:02 AM »
Paul - I could not understand why there was not more response to his original testing of the 6700h.  I mean, there are only a handful of A/V forum sites and it is not uncommon for one site to be cited or referenced on a different thread in a different forum.  I did not find any info on Amir's testing of the 6700h on any other sited.  Not the original results or the improved results with Denon's reply.  I thought that was very strange for a number of reasons.  Amir's was the only reveiw or bench test that I could find that was unfavorable. I really do wonder why that is.  I imagine things happen behind the scenes.  Getting back to your original point, Yes, I did read it and was very happy I will be getting one from the latest production run.  I just thought it was really odd for more people to have not commented on or citing Amir's work while considering a x700h receiver.

AVSCraig - thanks for nothing ;) I was impatient as a kid and never really outgrew it.

AVSMike - WHOAH a 29.75lb SACD Player (be sure to lift with your legs lol).  I thought it looked like a spinner.  That thing has got to be bullet proof.
                I was hoping it was something like that...I wondered if they might be getting into multi-disk playback a la OPPO.  Guess they are keeping it separate.  I do have a respectable SACD collection and was wondering about its future.  I really like to keep my rack minimal and would love a chance to get rid of my universal disk player with a modern uhd player that also does SACD and DVDA...but so far it is looking like it will require 2 players.  Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
dutchboy

Just checked MSRP on that badboy sacd 30n player...uh, I am gonna have to keep looking for now.  dayyuuummm, that is just a whole lot more than I need lol.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:35:13 AM by dutchboy »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »
Paul - I could not understand why there was not more response to his original testing of the 6700h.  I mean, there are only a handful of A/V forum sites and it is not uncommon for one site to be cited or referenced on a different thread in a different forum.  I did not find any info on Amir's testing of the 6700h on any other sited.  Not the original results or the improved results with Denon's reply.  I thought that was very strange for a number of reasons.  Amir's was the only reveiw or bench test that I could find that was unfavorable. I really do wonder why that is.  I imagine things happen behind the scenes.  Getting back to your original point, Yes, I did read it and was very happy I will be getting one from the latest production run.  I just thought it was really odd for more people to have not commented on or citing Amir's work while considering a x700h receiver.

AVSCraig - thanks for nothing ;) I was impatient as a kid and never really outgrew it.

AVSMike - WHOAH a 29.75lb SACD Player (be sure to lift with your legs lol).  I thought it looked like a spinner.  That thing has got to be bullet proof.
                I was hoping it was something like that...I wondered if they might be getting into multi-disk playback a la OPPO.  Guess they are keeping it separate.  I do have a respectable SACD collection and was wondering about its future.  I really like to keep my rack minimal and would love a chance to get rid of my universal disk player with a modern uhd player that also does SACD and DVDA...but so far it is looking like it will require 2 players.  Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
dutchboy

Just checked MSRP on that badboy sacd 30n player...uh, I am gonna have to keep looking for now.  dayyuuummm, that is just a whole lot more than I need lol.
Don't become a wine collector then. I have lots of wine I bought in 2008 that is just now reaching it's peak drinking window. 12 years wait ! :-[
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2020, 06:48:54 AM »
Although the new 2020 models are on back order, we do have our next order of X6700H units arriving on Tuesday.  Call if interested as they go fast.   Each X4700H and X6700H order will ship with a FREE Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:50:38 AM by AVSjd »
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2020, 07:06:45 AM »
"Although the new 2020 models are on back order", we do have our next order of X6700H units arriving on Tuesday.  Call if interested as they go fast.   Each X4700H and X6700H order will ship with a FREE Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc.

jdsmoothie, I am a little confused...the x6700h is the 2020 model (with improved capacitors) and on backorder, but is arriving on Tuesday?

Thanks,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2020, 10:52:10 AM »
"Although the new 2020 models are on back order", we do have our next order of X6700H units arriving on Tuesday.  Call if interested as they go fast.  Each X4700H and X6700H order will ship with a FREE Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc.

jdsmoothie, I am a little confused...the x6700h is the 2020 model (with improved capacitors) and on backorder, but is arriving on Tuesday?

Thanks,
Backorder just means they trickle them out to dealers, a few at a time. So yes - a few are trickling in ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2020, 01:16:59 PM »
"Although the new 2020 models are on back order", we do have our next order of X6700H units arriving on Tuesday.  Call if interested as they go fast.  Each X4700H and X6700H order will ship with a FREE Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc.

jdsmoothie, I am a little confused...the x6700h is the 2020 model (with improved capacitors) and on backorder, but is arriving on Tuesday?

Thanks,

The X6700H was first released in June.  We have had several orders that have already sold out and this is simply the next order to come in.  And yes, the units in this order use the correct capacitor that was out of stock at the time of original release; however, the substitute capacitor used in the initial release still met proper specs which is why it was used.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
Best Possible News Fellas!

Thanks again for the updates.
I have some overhead speakers to get installed and then I will be GTG as soon as my 6700H shows up.

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2020, 09:50:18 AM »
AMD FreeSync

I have a avr-x2700h - completed all the sound setups, etc.  there was also an option to update system since it is hooked to internet.

My AMD drivers will not allow me enable Freesync.  Google search don’t seem to yield any clues.  Supposedly these support VRR and other things, yet it doesn’t seem to do this...

Any input or help?

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2020, 07:44:55 PM »
AMD FreeSync

I have a avr-x2700h - completed all the sound setups, etc.  there was also an option to update system since it is hooked to internet.

My AMD drivers will not allow me enable Freesync.  Google search don’t seem to yield any clues.  Supposedly these support VRR and other things, yet it doesn’t seem to do this...

Any input or help?

Although the AVR supports VRR, AFAIK, it does not support FREESYNC.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »
After a long 2 1/2 month wait for another order of Denon X3700H AVRs, we are finally receiving our order tomorrow.  Although most of the order has already been pre-sold, we still have a couple of units available so call if interested in this 9CH model that can expand to 11CH with an external 2CH amp.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2020, 02:42:38 AM »
After waiting almost 2 months, our Denon X4700H order is due to be received on Thursday, Oct 29.  There are several pre-orders that will first be filled, but there will still be a few units remaining if you're interested.   A X4700H purchase also comes with a FREE Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2020, 04:36:44 AM »
Next week, Nov 11th, a firmware will be released to these 2020 networking models that will provide the following:

- Dolby surround upmixer parameter - Center Spread
- DTS:X Pro (allows for 13Ch processing using DTS:X/IMAX DTS:X/DTS Neural:X - X6700H only)
- Fixed Rate Link (FRL) display mode
- Screen saver
- Bug fix for power on level issue
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:39:40 PM by AVSjd »

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2020, 05:25:58 AM »
Oh man,
Thanks for this update!
That power on level bug had me at my wits end. I didn’t know there was a bug, I thought it was just me. 
Only work around I could find was to switch it to ‘last on’. 

Good deal 👍

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 05:59:19 AM »
Black Friday 2020 Special

A purchase of a Denon X3700H (or higher) or a Marantz SR6015 (or higher) between Nov 23 - 30, 2020 will also come with both of the following FREE items while purchase of a Denon X2700H (or lower) or Marantz SR5015 (or lower) model would come with your choice of one of the below items:

--  Sony WH-CH710N Wireless Bluetooth Headphones (retail $199)
--  AC Infinity Aircom T8 (rear exhaust) or T9 (top exhaust) fan (retail $119)

Call me for pricing and availability as some AVR models are not currently in stock while those in stock units will not ship until November 30.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:18:07 PM by AVSjd »

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2021, 01:01:06 PM »
I posted this on AVSForums (so JD has probably already seen it) but perhaps another reader might be able to weigh in: It is important for me that the X6700H is capable of turning off ALL video processing when acting as a passthrough to my Lumagen Radiance Pro. Several posters on vaious forum sites have indicated that there are video issues with the 4700, 6700 & 8500 models for this video chain. It's just become apparent that the X2700/3700H have the option "BYPASS" in the Video Mode submenu (p. 193: "Remove all video processing from the HDMI video path."), but the higher models in the series LACK this option (only options are "Auto", "Game"& "Movie"). This has just been confirmed by a friend who just checked this out on his X6700H. Denon/Marantz choice to make this feature deletion seems strange to me, as I'm unable to find any other X6700H submenu that allows the user to entirely defeat video processing. Is there a submenu in the X6700H which has an option to disable ALL video processing?

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal