AVS Discussions
  Go Down

I just got a new JVC 3000

Barry

I just got a new JVC 3000
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:30 PM »
i am a bit embarrassed to admit that I am not quite following some of the suggestions for the settings for the new JVcs.

I just got a new JVC 3000, with a Stewart 100 screen.  What settings should I adjust to get the best picture?  I use the set for a Verizon DVR (hdmi 1 on the JVC) and Oppo 205 for input 2.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: I just got a new JVC 3000
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:39:14 PM »
Congrats, Barry. I know you have been waiting patiently for some time now.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »
i am a bit embarrassed to admit that I am not quite following some of the suggestions for the settings for the new JVcs.

I just got a new JVC 3000, with a Stewart 100 screen.  What settings should I adjust to get the best picture?  I use the set for a Verizon DVR (hdmi 1 on the JVC) and Oppo 205 for input 2.
I don't have too much yet, but email me at craig@avscience.com and I'll send what I have settings wise. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:47 PM »
i am a bit embarrassed to admit that I am not quite following some of the suggestions for the settings for the new JVcs.

I just got a new JVC 3000, with a Stewart 100 screen.  What settings should I adjust to get the best picture?  I use the set for a Verizon DVR (hdmi 1 on the JVC) and Oppo 205 for input 2.
Are you lined up for a calibration at some point? It will take the guess work out of it all and let you just sit back and enjoy whatever you want to watch.
Technical Editor/Writer
Sound and Vision

Pro Calibration, Consulting and Education: www.deepdiveav.com

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »
Are you lined up for a calibration at some point? It will take the guess work out of it all and let you just sit back and enjoy whatever you want to watch.
Barry,

I've known Kris for about 17 years now and I couldn't recommend him highly enough if you're looking for a video calibration. I've been in his theater up in the Seattle area and it's the best looking picture I've ever witnessed. He definitely knows what he's doing. (His room's audio is astounding as well!). 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Manni

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 02:23:13 AM »
Barry,

I've known Kris for about 17 years now and I couldn't recommend him highly enough if you're looking for a video calibration. I've been in his theater up in the Seattle area and it's the best looking picture I've ever witnessed. He definitely knows what he's doing. (His room's audio is astounding as well!).
+1 Kris is one of the handful of people I would ask to calibrate my theatre if they were in my country (or I was in theirs). He’s one of the few pro calibrators who know the JVCs inside out and calibrates without any dogma, only with best (as in most accurate and best performance) results in mind. 

Barry

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:24 PM »
Dave and Manni"

Gosh OI really appreciate your suggestions.  Pleaase send me the contact information for Kris.  I Think I need the sound more than even the video fixed up!!!

As odf this morning everything seemed fixed up and working (except me!).  I need to fix up the room, however, so it is comfortable and just sit back and enjoy.  Everything was moved and wires replaced.

By the way, nothing worked exactly right the first time.  We had to tweak everything.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
Dave and Manni"

Gosh OI really appreciate your suggestions.  Pleaase send me the contact information for Kris.  I Think I need the sound more than even the video fixed up!!!

As odf this morning everything seemed fixed up and working (except me!).  I need to fix up the room, however, so it is comfortable and just sit back and enjoy.  Everything was moved and wires replaced.

By the way, nothing worked exactly right the first time.  We had to tweak everything.
Barry, I forwarded your information on to Kris and he should be in touch. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »
Not only is Kris great with video, he's also a professional in the audio field too. Honestly, I don't know of anyone else more qualified to do calibration. 
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal