Go Down

JVC LX-UH1B/W 4K DLP Projector

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
JVC LX-UH1B/W 4K DLP Projector
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:46:35 PM »
JVC has a new DLP projector !

2000 Lumens High Brightness (RGBRGB 6-segment)
• Newly developed 0.47” TRP DMD technology
provides 4K (3840x2160) resolution
• Wide lens shift range (V +/- 60%, H +/- 23%)
• HDR compatibility (HDR10 & Hybrid Log-Gamma)
• Three selectable HDR gamma curves (Low, Mid, High)
• 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Input (HDMI-1 only)
• Electronic Keystone +/- 30% (Vertical only)
• Compact design: 13.1”L x 13.1”W x 5.3”H, 10.2 lbs.
• Control: RS-232C / 12V Screen Trigger Output
• 100% Rec. 709 color space (BT.2020 compatible)
• Automatic Aperture available with HDR10 content
• Lens: 1.6x Wide Zoom (1.36:1 - 2.18:1)
• 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty

Newly developed TRP DMD Device
DMD (digital micromirror device) is a digitally controlled
micro-opto-electromechanical system (MOEMS) spatial
light modulator (SLM). When coupled to an appropriate
optical system, the DMD displays a very crisp, high
resolution image or video.

18Gbps HDMI Input with HDCP2.2
JVC incorporates the latest HDMI/HDCP2.2 standard
allowing HDCP2.2 copy protected devices to be
connected via the HDMI-1 input.

HDR10 & Hybrid Log-Gamma
The LX-UH1 supports 100% of Rec. 709 color space
(BT. 2020 compatible) and displays HDR content with
high contrast and bright vivid images.
Hybrid Log-Gamma is an additional HDR Gamma mode
that is used for live broadcast or streaming events.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:17:18 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
Re: JVC LX-UH1B/W 4K DLP Projector
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
More lens shift than a similar Optoma or BenQ.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »
Wow.  I'd love to see one of these in person.  I'm sure JVC will do a good job implementing most of the features. 
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »
Wow.  I'd love to see one of these in person.  I'm sure JVC will do a good job implementing most of the features.

Maybe we can get you one !

AVSMike

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:07:27 PM »
Also has good calibration adjustments for gains and offsets, so you should have no problem getting a good calibration on the unit.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »
Looks like it is using the newer 1080p DMD that is flashed four times for "4K".
Technical Editor/Writer
Sound and Vision

Pro Calibration, Consulting and Education: www.deepdiveav.com

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 07:59:36 AM »
That's unexpected, what, are they trying to get in on the <$2k bandwagon?

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 10:11:37 AM »
I just don’t understand this move at all.

JVC already has a 1080p eShift chip that has 40x the native resolution of that TI chip.

This is the last thing I want to see JVC spending R&D on. I want to see them focus on brighter and brighter / higher contrast units.

I want to see them make a 5000+ lumen unit to compete with the Sony 5000ES yet with even higher native contrast. Better and better HDR needs to be JVC’s focus. Which requires moving closer to Rec2020, much more light output, and much higher contrast on these true 4K chips.   

I would think they could drop a 2-3 year old eShift chip into a super cheap chassis, if they really wanted to break into the $1000-2000 market.

Heck, B-stock 400s were being sold for like $1500. I bet that unit will far out preform anything this new DLP unit could offer. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »

JVC already has a 1080p eShift chip that has 40x the native resolution of that TI chip.

This is the last thing I want to see JVC spending R&D on. I want to see them focus on brighter and brighter / higher contrast units.

I want to see them make a 5000+ lumen unit to compete with the Sony 5000ES yet with even higher native contrast. Better and better HDR needs to be JVC’s focus. Which requires moving closer to Rec2020, much more light output, and much higher contrast on these true 4K chips.   

I would think they could drop a 2-3 year old eShift chip into a super cheap chassis, if they really wanted to break into the $1000-2000 market.

Heck, B-stock 400s were being sold for like $1500. I bet that unit will far out preform anything this new DLP unit could offer.

Maybe they are working on that too. Who knows !

AVSMike

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »

A a huge $1,000 plus loss for the dealer.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »

My guess is there is barely or no real R&D involved given how many manufacturers are jumping on these selling at such a low cost.  Probably takes just a little time with software configuration and expanding some abilities like lens shift that JVC is doing, etc. which probably doesn't take a ton of effort. 

If you take a look at the sub $3K threads at the other site, A LOT of Joe Six pack types think these XPR projectors are the second coming and  they are being bought like crazy.

"I can finally get a 4K projector under $3000! OMG my dream has come true!"

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »
My guess is there is barely or no real R&D involved given how many manufacturers are jumping on these selling at such a low cost.  Probably takes just a little time with software configuration and expanding some abilities like lens shift that JVC is doing, etc. which probably doesn't take a ton of effort. 

If you take a look at the sub $3K threads at the other site, A LOT of Joe Six pack types think these XPR projectors are the second coming and  they are being bought like crazy.

"I can finally get a 4K projector under $3000! OMG my dream has come true!"

What JVC has most likely done (custom software) is actually what I think makes or breaks a DLP projector. For the most part, all DLP projectors perform extremely similar. That's mostly because they're all based on similar or the same optical path and video processing. I don't think most people realize that pretty much all the XPR DLP units out there right now are based on only 3 different OEM projectors that share the same optical path and video processing.

So this means that software is really all that differentiates them from one another that use the same OEM design. If JVC can incorporate useable software that allows for precise color/greyscale calibration, accurate video processing, proper HDR EOTF curves and adjustment and an excellent dynamic contrast implementation it would dramatically separate overall performance from the rest of the pack even though its using the same OEM design. This is what Runco and Sim2 did back in the 1080p days. Now were stuck with relative garbage from Optoma and a few others who are aiming for budget performance.

I would love to see if JVC is able to take this OEM design and get the most from it, because there doesn't seem to be anyone else trying to do that at the moment.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »

Eventually the regular JVC line will move to native 4K and laser. With that move, I suspect we are looking at a price increase. Maybe JVC is looking for a product that they can have at the low end of their line, rather than just conceding those sales to other companies.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 03:14:16 PM »
Eventually the regular JVC line will move to native 4K and laser. With that move, I suspect we are looking at a price increase. Maybe JVC is looking for a product that they can have at the low end of their line, rather than just conceding those sales to other companies.

Traditionally DLP has usually been the value technology in the sub $3000 market, though epson has been creeping lower and lower in price and performance. If JVC has fine tuned the software aspect of this projector (dynamic contrast. calibration suite and HDR EOTF out of the box) I think this unit could be a real winner.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
So I got to see this projector in person a week or so ago. WAY more lens shift than the Optoma's have. Three HDR profiles. Bright, 10,000 hour lamp life. It's a nice little projector.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal