AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC LX-UH1B/W 4K DLP Projector

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: JVC LX-UH1B/W 4K DLP Projector
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 04:20:34 PM »
Compared to the Optoma UHD60, which when fed a 4K single pixel test pattern showed something that looked like plaid, the projector actually showed a clean pixel grid.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
This should be expected too, as this 1080p DMD is being flashed four times. From an objective standpoint, DLP DMDs are fast enough to do this without much issue. If the chroma processing is good enough where each flash of the DMD combined produces the correct color and luminance we should have a very capable native 4K image from this DMD with few caveats.

I wonder if this technology can be carried over to the .65" and .95" 1080p DMDs?
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »
These projectors are now in stock !

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
Those JVC DLP projectors have a good black level?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 06:22:42 PM »
Those JVC DLP projectors have a good black level?

They are DLP projectors, with typical DLP contrast. So no, JVC didn't pull a miracle off contrast wise. But, they are bright, sharp and have excellent lens shift capability compared to other brands of DLP projectors in this price range.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »
were there any rainbows Craig?
Murray Thompson
Auckland, NZ
My Home Theatre 
https://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=RapalloAV

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »
were there any rainbows Craig?

Minor, but some. But I see some rainbows on the $ 80,000.00 Barco single chip projector too.

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 12:02:11 AM »
Seegs really needs to do a review of this pj and post it on the forum. Since no one else has done a comprehensive review on the JVC, it would really drive traffic to this site. Look at that crappy TVSpro. I had never heard of them until they decided to review a faux k DLP. Now every person in the AVS under $3k forum uses them as reference.

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »
I've not been to avs for a while now, but i'm not surprised by what you say. You get the impression they want what they have to be the best and will post any BS to try and prove that. Forums are becoming more like social media where truth and honesty are no longer important, and 'fake news' and agendas are more the norm. Even if a decent review is posted, you can be sure it will be ignored or disputed, especially by those who don't understand what they are reading, and there seem to be increasingly more of those everywhere.

Harro

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »
What I have always wondered about was the weight difference in projectors.
This projector weighs in at 10+lbs while a higher priced Sony or JVC weigh over 30.
What makes all the weight?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
What I have always wondered about was the weight difference in projectors.
This projector weighs in at 10+lbs while a higher priced Sony or JVC weigh over 30.
What makes all the weight?

I'll guess 3 chip designs have a need for more real estate inside for the 3 chip design. The single chip designs are a lot simpler.

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »
I would think better quality motorized lenses would add to the weight!

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:30 PM »
Seegs really needs to do a review of this pj and post it on the forum. Since no one else has done a comprehensive review on the JVC, it would really drive traffic to this site. Look at that crappy TVSpro. I had never heard of them until they decided to review a faux k DLP. Now every person in the AVS under $3k forum uses them as reference.

There was some talk about me possibly doing a review for this projector. But I have no control over such things. If I do get the chance I will gladly take it. I'd love to see what JVC can do with a DLP projector. But at this asking price I'm not expecting miracles or it even competing directly with JVCs own DiLA projectors. I don't think that's what this projector is meant for. It's meant to be offered as competition to the UHD65's of the projector world.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 09:19:31 PM »
There was some talk about me possibly doing a review for this projector. But I have no control over such things. If I do get the chance I will gladly take it. I'd love to see what JVC can do with a DLP projector. But at this asking price I'm not expecting miracles or it even competing directly with JVCs own DiLA projectors. I don't think that's what this projector is meant for. It's meant to be offered as competition to the UHD65's of the projector world.

Yes.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 09:42:15 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that this isn't going to measure up to DILAs.

I think if you did review it then it would dispel a lot of myths that have taken hold lately about these pjs. It would be nice to have a review with actual data (shocking right PJC and TVSpro), so people could get a better feel for the performance.

For AVScience, it would drive traffic to the site. There aren't any reviews of this pj yet and I would be curious how many will review it. As I said months ago, unique content drives traffic and a review of this pj would be it.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal