AVS Discussions
  Go Down

What kind of deals would you like to see?

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
Re: What kind of deals would you like to see?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 04:54:42 PM »
Ok, I know it has been awhile, but I really have been working on this. 
Projector trade ins are not feasible until a major manufacturer is willing to take them back as well - I have spoken to Sony and JVC about it (without a lot of positive feedback).
That being said, we are going to start a loyalty rewards points system very soon that will allow you to earn credits for every purchase made towards a future purchase. I am just working out the details and hope to have it up and running March 1st. 
I'll keep you all posted and thank you for your patience.
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 04:27:28 PM »
jdsmoothie (fantastic resource) has reported that the free Auro demo disc is available from Auro in Europe, but requires payment of vat, shipping and customs fees of Euro 28.  Suggest that AVS either obtain actual Auro discs or the rights to reproduce them and include with each purchase of an Auro-included receiver (or at least the X8500).  If this can't be free, your bulk cost of shipment should be less than the individual cost.  Over $30 for the disc by individual purchase is more that I can justify--$10 is a easy number.  Incidentally, your captcha is barely readable to my old eyes.  I've gone thru 5 iterations so far with no success.  Are you this worried?

Thank you for the suggestion.  AVScience is in the process of obtaining the Auro 3D Demo Disc Vol 2 from Auro Technologies and will be providing it FREE with the purchase of an Auro 3D capable Denon/Marantz AVR/AVP from AVScience.  If you previously purchased an Auro 3D capable model from AVScience, a disc will be mailed to you free of charge.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

smdelaney

• I'm an AV enthusiast on a pauper's budget
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
Yes, I got about 20 fake accounts so far today. I've just increased the Captcha difficulty in an effort to limit the amount of spambots entering the site. I'm going to try it for a while and see if it works. (Once you post 2 times with the Captcha your third post won't require it any more.)

Thanks for understanding! We appreciate your participation.

Just registered an account today and the "fill in the blank" part of the Security check didn't take my smart allecky answer... I guess it doesn't have a sense of humor!   ;D
"You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means."

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
Recommended systems and packages for audio at different price points.

eg:
(a) Receiver
(b) Receiver + 2 channel AMP
(c) Receiver + 3 channel AMP

as @jdsmoothie knows I have been trying to figure out what I really want...

And also all the brilliant stuff he shares on the other forum, could be a model specific blog posts
(eg: Marantz upgraded their HDAC for the 2017 line, or there is no difference in the DAC chips between Marantz/Denon).
This is the kind of wisdom which would be compelling, and will truly increase engagement.

AVSMike

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 11:33:13 AM »
Recommended systems and packages for audio at different price points.

eg:
(a) Receiver
(b) Receiver + 2 channel AMP
(c) Receiver + 3 channel AMP

as @jdsmoothie knows I have been trying to figure out what I really want...

And also all the brilliant stuff he shares on the other forum, could be a model specific blog posts
(eg: Marantz upgraded their HDAC for the 2017 line, or there is no difference in the DAC chips between Marantz/Denon).
This is the kind of wisdom which would be compelling, and will truly increase engagement.

Too many different combinations to list everything out. About 50 different AVR options and even more choices with speakers. Best to talk with one of us and narrow down the list. That can be done by speaker type (tower, bookshelf, in-wall and budget). Same with AVR and amp. Then you can be given a few different options to chose from, as in low, medium and high end of your budget.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
jdsmoothie (fantastic resource) has reported that the free Auro demo disc is available from Auro in Europe, but requires payment of vat, shipping and customs fees of Euro 28.  Suggest that AVS either obtain actual Auro discs or the rights to reproduce them and include with each purchase of an Auro-included receiver (or at least the X8500).  If this can't be free, your bulk cost of shipment should be less than the individual cost.  Over $30 for the disc by individual purchase is more that I can justify--$10 is a easy number.  Incidentally, your captcha is barely readable to my old eyes.  I've gone thru 5 iterations so far with no success.  Are you this worried?
After waiting over a year for Auro Technologies to get their Auro 3D Version 2 Demo disc back in stock, they just notified us a few days ago that we are now able to make a large bulk purchase of these discs.   It may take a month to actually receive our order but as a thank you to our customers who have purchased a 2017 or 2018 Denon/Marantz AVR/pre-pro that features Auro 3D (mid/upper models), we would like to ship you one of these discs for a small shipping and handling charge.  Please call your salesperson for details or you can reach me at (585) 645-1006.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »
Back in the old days, power buys were a common thing.  Are those still feasible?  Or has the marketplace changed to to point where they don't make sense anymore?

Scott
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

AVSMike

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »
Back in the old days, power buys were a common thing.  Are those still feasible?  Or has the marketplace changed to to point where they don't make sense anymore?

Scott
We can look into this. Suggestions on what people would like to see a power buy on?
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 10:54:09 PM »
We can look into this. Suggestions on what people would like to see a power buy on?
RS2000 :)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
RS2000 :)
Buy one, get one to share with a friend. 8)

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »
Buy one, get one to share with a friend. 8)
Now there's a deal :)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 07:40:16 PM »
I didn't really have anything specific in mind. I just remember back in the old days when power buys would pop up, and they were really a great feature.  Sometimes it wasn't even something that a guy needed, but some us would end up buying them just because we couldn't pass up the deal.  :-[

I just haven't seen any for a very long time, and wasn't sure if manufacturers had disallowed them, or if there was some reason for their disappearance.
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

AVSMike

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 08:42:19 PM »
Buy one, get one to share with a friend. 8)
That would be no problem for us at all, as long as you are willing to pay double the price. :) 

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

AVSMike

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 08:43:47 PM »
I didn't really have anything specific in mind. I just remember back in the old days when power buys would pop up, and they were really a great feature.  Sometimes it wasn't even something that a guy needed, but some us would end up buying them just because we couldn't pass up the deal.  :-[

I just haven't seen any for a very long time, and wasn't sure if manufacturers had disallowed them, or if there was some reason for their disappearance.
When I get back from vacation, will discuss with the team. :) 

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

Barry

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
What kind of deal would I like to get? A Royal Flush!
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal