AVS Discussions
  Go Down

What kind of deals would you like to see?

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
What kind of deals would you like to see?
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
Of course I am already aware of the "sell them at cost" or "sell them below cost" ideas, so let's just say I'm looking for some fresh ideas.   ;)
Give me some feedback on what might interest you and I will see what I can do to make that happen.
Thanks!
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

bmoney

Re: What kind of deals would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
Trade in program?
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »
Deals on a oled or marantz or Denon avrs

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 11:02:25 PM »
Deals on a oled or marantz or Denon avrs

You would be surprised at how low the markup is on TV's already.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

richlife69

• Let's find some grass and roll in it!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 12:18:08 PM »
I like the trade-in idea and in particular a trade-in on OLEDs and AVRs.  As things sit, with a retiree budget, I will hang onto my LG B6 and my A3060 as long as possible.  It will take some truly significant technology improvement before considering replacing them.  (The OPPO 203 is a somewhat different story since OPPO will likely continue providing excellent support for a couple more years at least.)  Better "versions" (as in new models) of existing technology would be more appealing if there was not a total loss of the investment previously made.  Sure I can consider moving the B6 to another room, but that's already been done (3 times), those tvs don't get used much and there is limited room for 65".  So IMO a trade-in programs makes for the best value proposition short of major technology upgrades. 

As is often said, there is no "future-proof", but AVS helped me get to my current best can-do "future-safe" and it would take significant options/deals to move me onward.  For many reasons, I'm not in the market for projection/big screen.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:19:58 PM by richlife69 »
Atmos/DTS:X Setup
Yamaha RX-A3060 w/ Elan Z-Fan; Config: 7.2.4 (switchable to 7.2.2 + Zone2)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)
aci Titan subs (2) RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
OPPO 203;  LG OLED65B6; Harmony 650 and Hub

AVSMike

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »
I like the trade-in idea and in particular a trade-in on OLEDs and AVRs.  As things sit, with a retiree budget, I will hang onto my LG B6 and my A3060 as long as possible.  It will take some truly significant technology improvement before considering replacing them.  (The OPPO 203 is a somewhat different story since OPPO will likely continue providing excellent support for a couple more years at least.)  Better "versions" (as in new models) of existing technology would be more appealing if there was not a total loss of the investment previously made.  Sure I can consider moving the B6 to another room, but that's already been done (3 times), those tvs don't get used much and there is limited room for 65".  So IMO a trade-in programs makes for the best value proposition short of major technology upgrades. 

As is often said, there is no "future-proof", but AVS helped me get to my current best can-do "future-safe" and it would take significant options/deals to move me onward.  For many reasons, I'm not in the market for projection/big screen.

I don't see TV trade in's ever happening with any company. To hard and expensive to ship. I keep my boxes for all of my AV equipment, except for TV's. For a TV, I think you just about have to find a local buyer.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »

I've never even sold a TV in all the years I've been here - only projectors and screens.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
    • AV Science, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »
"Deals on a oled or marantz or Denon avrs"

We do try to offer the lowest prices on AVR's already, but I will give serious consideration to trade in options as a future promotion.
Thank you
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:15 PM »
I am not sure if you could pull off selling TVs or OLEDs and make any real money. I met the guy that owns the popular ebay store. He said they are running pretty thin margins. His best deals usually come from ebay's deal of the day. He is also located on a reservation, so I am not sure if he is getting any sort of benefits for that location.

Trade ins seems like it would be difficult, but I guess there might be a way to pull that off.

You might want to look at complete HT packages for those that have a budget of X and don't feel like doing all of the legwork.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »
I was thinking of trade-ins on Projectors.  I know we can sell them ourselves if we want to upgrade, but like getting a new car, sometimes the convenience of a trade-in is attractive.  And people might be more willing to buy used from a place like AVScience, rather than just some individual.

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
    • AV Science, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
I was thinking of trade-ins on Projectors.  I know we can sell them ourselves if we want to upgrade, but like getting a new car, sometimes the convenience of a trade-in is attractive.  And people might be more willing to buy used from a place like AVScience, rather than just some individual.
That is certainly something to think about. Let me run it by everybody at our weekly sales meeting and I will let you know what we come up with.
Thank you :)
AV Science.com

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
jdsmoothie (fantastic resource) has reported that the free Auro demo disc is available from Auro in Europe, but requires payment of vat, shipping and customs fees of Euro 28.  Suggest that AVS either obtain actual Auro discs or the rights to reproduce them and include with each purchase of an Auro-included receiver (or at least the X8500).  If this can't be free, your bulk cost of shipment should be less than the individual cost.  Over $30 for the disc by individual purchase is more that I can justify--$10 is a easy number.  Incidentally, your captcha is barely readable to my old eyes.  I've gone thru 5 iterations so far with no success.  Are you this worried?

AVSMike

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
jdsmoothie (fantastic resource) has reported that the free Auro demo disc is available from Auro in Europe, but requires payment of vat, shipping and customs fees of Euro 28.  Suggest that AVS either obtain actual Auro discs or the rights to reproduce them and include with each purchase of an Auro-included receiver (or at least the X8500).  If this can't be free, your bulk cost of shipment should be less than the individual cost.  Over $30 for the disc by individual purchase is more that I can justify--$10 is a easy number.  Incidentally, your captcha is barely readable to my old eyes.  I've gone thru 5 iterations so far with no success.  Are you this worried?

10 to 20 hackers/spam try to join each day.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

HomeTheaterGuy

• Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »

Yes, I got about 20 fake accounts so far today. I've just increased the Captcha difficulty in an effort to limit the amount of spambots entering the site. I'm going to try it for a while and see if it works. (Once you post 2 times with the Captcha your third post won't require it any more.)

Thanks for understanding! We appreciate your participation.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »
OK, understood. I don't even answer my phone anymore because of all the robocalls, so I understand the frustration.  Sixth time was the charm for my first post.  Here goes on the second

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal