AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Compact HTPC

NBPk402

  • *****
  • 550
  • Living the retired life
Compact HTPC
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
For my HT I have 2 i3NUCs...one is for my Kodi Media Server, and the other is my general all around PC. On my general all around one I do everything from Photoshop to Home Automation, and I have to say they work great. Another advantage to these boxes are their compact size, which is smaller than an external DVD drive. The video processor is on the chip as well as the audio and it looks, and sounds great. The only downside for me is that they run warm/hot, and I wish they had more USB slots...other than that they are great IMO.
Marantz av8805a, 2 double stackedK402MEHs, MINIDSP DDRC88M,  Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, 6 Fosi v3 monoblocks for tri-amping, xilica xp4080, 2 Delta Audio 300 plate amps for 2 f20 horn subs, xangsane speaker wire, and XLR cables,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp, NVIDIA Shield Pro

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: Compact HTPC
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
I want to create ne so bad so I dont need the physical discs anymore....however Im glad I didnt bite the bullet last eyar as I would be out of the 4k game
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

NBPk402

  • *****
  • 550
  • Living the retired life
Re: Compact HTPC
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 09:26:31 PM »
What I need to find now is a ripper for 4K Movies so i can store them on the NAS too.
Marantz av8805a, 2 double stackedK402MEHs, MINIDSP DDRC88M,  Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, 6 Fosi v3 monoblocks for tri-amping, xilica xp4080, 2 Delta Audio 300 plate amps for 2 f20 horn subs, xangsane speaker wire, and XLR cables,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp, NVIDIA Shield Pro

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: Compact HTPC
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
that would be sick
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: Compact HTPC
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »
I use to have an HTPC. It lasted two or three years but I have converted it into a FreeNAS server. My HTPC has been replaced with FireSticks.

Re: Compact HTPC
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
What I need to find now is a ripper for 4K Movies so i can store them on the NAS too.

www.makemkv.com 

JVC-RS4500 4k projector, Lumagen Pro, ST130 138" scope screen,
Panasonic DMP-UB900 & Plex Media Server
Classe SSP-800, Bryston amplification, Wilson Audio speakers (7.2) + Buttkickers.

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal