AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Movie poster dilemma

HomeTheaterGuy

  • *****
  • 144
  • Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
Movie poster dilemma
« on: May 18, 2026, 09:12:04 AM »
The Poster Dilemma: 
Putting up gorgeous Marvel and Star Wars movie posters, only to realize they bounce sound exactly where acoustic panels are needed.

Re: Movie poster dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2026, 10:26:12 AM »
The Poster Dilemma:
Putting up gorgeous Marvel and Star Wars movie posters, only to realize they bounce sound exactly where acoustic panels are needed.
That's why the two "posters" I have in my room are actually acoustic panels covered by fabric that has the movie posters printed on them. There is a thread over at AVS Forums discussing this. I want to say I built my panels 10-12 years ago, if memory recalls. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Former writer for Sound & Vision Magazine

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1569
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
Re: Movie poster dilemma
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2026, 08:12:56 PM »
Yep, canvas frames are what you're looking for, like David said.

Or, move the posters outside the entrance to the theater.  I opted for that solution, using a TV as a makeshift electronic poster.  Not only can I display nearly any poster ever released, I can also display custom greetings for our guests, like these:

https://i.imgur.com/DhDg26c.png
Movie poster dilemma


It's hard to see on the reduced image, but the marquee shows the name of the movie and our guests, which is on a slideshow along with the movie poster and the Now Showing title.

I'd like to upgrade to Samsung's The Frame, but the control box is obnoxious and would look out of place.
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: Movie poster dilemma
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2026, 06:17:32 AM »
That's why the two "posters" I have in my room are actually acoustic panels covered by fabric that has the movie posters printed on them. There is a thread over at AVS Forums discussing this. I want to say I built my panels 10-12 years ago, if memory recalls.
This is the way
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal