Go Down

Banned at AVSForum

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
Re: Banned at AVSForum
« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
They may have wanted to ban you Dylan, but we're mighty glad to have you.  :)
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

« Reply #526 on: May 28, 2018, 05:53:43 PM »
Hey Guys!  :D
Is this a new forum from the Sale of AVS? I'm a bit confused!
Edit: Ok, I take it only AVSForum was sold?
And do we really have to do that robot nonsense after every post?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:32:07 PM by muzz »

HomeTheaterGuy

• Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
« Reply #527 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:54 AM »
Hey Guys!  :D
Is this a new forum from the Sale of AVS? I'm a bit confused!
Edit: Ok, I take it only AVSForum was sold?
And do we really have to do that robot nonsense after every post?

Muzz - No need to worry, you only have moderation for your first 2 posts.

AVS started the other forum, but sold it a while ago. Our retail business and this forum is run by the original friendly AVS guys.

Welcome aboard!

« Reply #528 on: May 29, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »
Took awhile to realize, then again, all I had to do was think back on how things are over there, and this thread makes a ton of sense! ;D
I was like "I'm on AVS, why is there a discussion about BFAVSF"... then I noticed the difference in the name.
I was googling when I came across this thread.

Thanks

« Reply #529 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:42 PM »
... AVS started the other forum, but sold it a while ago. Our retail business and this forum is run by the original friendly AVS guys. Welcome aboard!
I'd been on the old AVS forum for over a decade, and a AVScience customer for much of that time, but never knew that history.  The old forum is a mere shadow of what it used to be, so I'm happy to discover this renaissance site.    👍
JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Dish 722k, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2.  Palliser recliners x7 and Great Dane beds x2.

« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2018, 11:14:26 AM »
Was a long time member on the other forum under this user ID.  About 10 months ago I was catching up on posts at a motel and got kicked off.  Tried to contact the mods to fix it, but no luck.  After a month I finally created a new account with a new user ID.  I think when I got kicked off at the motel my IP address got changed so I was able to create a new user account and not get banned for multiple accounts.  So I'm here under my old AVS user name and over there I'm under a new user name as a newbie.  Good to find this thread with a lot of the posters I enjoyed reading.  Now I know what happened to them.
JVC-RS520, JVC-RS4910, Samsung 64H5000, LG 60PA6550
Oppo 203, Oppo 93, Oppo 83SE, DirecTV HR44-200, Roku 3
Marantz AV7704, Marantz AV7702, Onkyo PR-SC5507, Onkyo TX-NR3008
Parasound A51, Parasound HCA-806A, Emotiva UPA-1s, Marantz MA-500s
Paradigm Studio V4s and V5s, Hsu subs X2

tigerhonaker

• I'm a Muscle Car and Home Theater guy
« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2018, 07:09:37 PM »
Now this has been an interesting read guys.  ;)

Terry
JVC RS4100 Laser Projector, Marantz AV8805, Panasonic UB820 4K Player, JML Utopia Speakers, 4 BPS 400 Mirage Subwoofers, Stewart Firehawk 123" 16x9 with 4-way remote masking, Classe' amps, Totally blackened HT with Rosco Velvet Flat Black, Samsung HVAC Split-Unit climate controlled, Ekornes Custom Seating, Transparent cables throughout, RGPC Protective Devices,

« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »
A have seen much of this kind of talk , and I actually made the thread on this site part of my signature at
AVS forum :)).  Not only is everyone sensored and sometimes banned for business reasons. Certain members with hidden attachements, or, seem to be supported no matter what they say and do, are constantly protected by moderation. 

For me I have had numerous warnings and infractions, all from interactions with one or two people. These people who have officially lost all their arguements with me, now run to moderation for all my posts. 

These people can be completely demeaning, and rude to members of the forum on a constant and regular basis and never get their posts acted on by official moderation. The last post I replied to , I simply wanted to point out that fact. 
Not my fault it is embarrassing for me to mention this about the poster in question. 

Copy and pasted below. 

Dear johnplayerson,

You have received a warning at AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews.

Reason:
-------
General Warning

next time think before you post something like this: it adds no value to the discussion
-------

Original Post:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...l#post58687136
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt View Post title=View Post
Really? You can't type the part number into an electronics supplier search box? I already gave you all the info you need to find these for like $3.

Maybe you should contact the manufacturer for help :/

I probably sell 100 or so capacitor kits every year, because someone cannot do the work to find their own parts. Maybe after every sale, I should scold them like you do. Not everyone has abilities that may seem so simple to some. This is why we have specialization in this world.

Maybe he should be running to the mods like you do all the time when you get embarrassed in the same kind of fashion. In this case he can just tell the mods you are insinuating stupid, and the comment should be removed.

Some people on this forum are getting quite sickening in thier condensending, belittleing comments. If you want to be a professional with good advice, ACT LIKE ONE!.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow. Kindly adjust your posting style to conform to AVS Forum posting policies. An accumulation of infractions will result in a permanent ban from AVS Forum and infractions are not to be
discussed in the open forums. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE...NO REPLY WILL BE RECEIVED. If you believe this to be an error, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Thank You,
AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2019, 02:06:32 PM »
This one gets even better................. Can anyone see an infraction here. It appears AVS does not want any of my views on SMPS amplifiers anymore, nor any verified information on deficiencies in such equipment, and the way they are marketed. 

Copy and paste. 

Dear johnplayerson,

You have received an infraction at AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews.

Reason: Posting just to incite others
-------
The previous moderator deleted your posts and provided a warning. You are choosing to ignore the moderator's directive. The next violation will result in a suspension.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Kindly adjust your posting style to conform to AVS Forum posting policies. An accumulation of infractions will result in a permanent ban from AVS Forum and infractions are not to be discussed in the open forums. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE...NO REPLY WILL BE RECEIVED. If you believe this to be an error, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Original Post:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58928154
Quote:
Here it is. !!!! It may not be the thread your looking for, if you just looking to find some kind of confirmation bias, that the SMPS powered amplifier you purchased is as good a gold!. The thread is devoted to users who want answers from manufacturers, rather than just accepting the status quo.

Many times I have posted about the complete uselessness of power specifications, the audio industry uses for SMPS powered amplifiers, only to be gang attacked by users who seem to want to accept the status quo, for whatever reason. For some , it is because they are in love with cheap crap built by behringer, and are blinded by that love, and do not want to hear anything NEGATIVE. Well if we can't talk about anything negative. " (A good quote from Don H.). Then what are the these forums for......? Some users are just glorified manufacturer reps, weather they claim to be or not!!, enjoying free gifts and favors while making post number 22000!.

So.... here it is.............. Talk about your amplifer shutting down, Talk about your amplifiers not being able to handle the two ohm load it specifies, Talk about how you feel ripped off on your purchase, and let down by manufacturer and industry hogwash. Talk about why we not only have to accept amplifier rating standards that do not reproduce and audio signal, as bonfied performance power.

I thought I would start it off with a link to a article I found at enjoythemusic.com. While the whole article is good I quote my favorite paragraph below, from the "Duration of peaks section."

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Copy and paste
The third very important attribute of headroom is duration. The amplifiers should not only deliver very high peak current, but also continue that current delivery long enough to play loud passages cleanly. Some 16 years ago, NAD investigated maximum power output versus duration capability before clipping; they found that musical signals demand hundreds of milliseconds of power burst for accurate reproduction of musical peaks (4).These periods of increased power demand can exceed a half-second. These results are particularly important in showing that even small degrees of clipping are clearly audible on tone burst of only 2msec duration (2).

Thus sufficient peak power duration is paramount to fully experiencing the complete burst of crescendo passages. This is achieved in the Spectron amplifiers by the ability to deliver peak output of 120V indefinitely, and 65 amperes for the extraordinary duration of 500 msec.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

Slowly but surely more and more information is starting to appear based on sound research, that manufacturers must use standards that actually reproduce a music signal. What is the point in even testing amplifiers to such burst ratings to see if the manufacturer is being honest in advertised specifications, if the specification standard itself is already inadequate and not a reflection of the amplifiers ability to do what it is designed to do........ namely , "Reproduce and Audio Signal".

Its almost like manufacturers are saying........... We will give you actual standards. when we can achieve them.... for now please accept this....
It is sort of funny , that this article calls 500 ms, an extra ordinary duration of power, when at least that much power is required to reproduce the entire music spectrum faithfully!!.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0708/

The thread should define if this is a discussion forum, or a fanboy outlet.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #534 on: December 16, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »
Your thread is gone ! :-X
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #535 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:12 AM »
Im done over there as a paying member on and off for 15 years. People are 100% correct over here and I hope this is the new place I can find AV info. This is what I have had to deal with:

I was a member of AVS forums for 15 years. I tried to have simple civil discourse on topics but what you find is that vendors with financial interests dominate the forums and they will relentlessly attack you if you post anything negative about their product. Recently I suffered racist attacks and simple post about comparing 2 technologies. how does a talk about projectors get responded to by attacking someone ith actual links to videos that you are a dumb chimp? I was greeted with posts linking to youtube videos about dumb chimps and multiple racists posts about how dumb chimps are which in the environment right now is strait up racist. The mods clearly favor their vendors and keep this environment. Its pretty terrible. This is not a site for real talk about av. If they dont have financial interest, they are fan-boys and will group attack you. Avoid this place, find a better source of info.

AVSLaurie

• AVS Leader of the pack
  • Learning something new always makes for a good day
    • AV Science, Inc.
« Reply #536 on: June 25, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
So happy to have you join our community! We think you will like it much better here. :)
Friday Flash Sale Promos are valid for one week, unless limited by product availability. Call us for more information at 877-823-4452 or visit us at
AV Science.com

« Reply #537 on: November 23, 2020, 06:40:18 AM »
Yes, they are definitely NOT private..  >:(

Took my Son swimming and read this whole thread, Have to admit it entertained me. But what's annoyed me is that I just found out AVS read your Pm?? Oh man that's not good.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #538 on: November 23, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
Took my Son swimming and read this whole thread, Have to admit it entertained me. But what's annoyed me is that I just found out AVS read your Pm?? Oh man that's not good.
When they get finished reading it, the NSA reads it too. :-X
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2020, 05:49:44 AM »
When they get finished reading it, the NSA reads it too. :-X

lol wouldn't suprise me. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal