AVS Discussions
  Go Down

MadVR Envy MK2 and the Lumagen

Re: MadVR Envy MK2 and the Lumagen
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 07:15:19 AM »
Discussions on this topic often result in more heat than light, and I do not want to risk that, or disturb the relative tranquility that is one of the nice things about this particular corner of the internet.

That said, I do have a passion for accuracy and fairness. I am a retired physician, and a key element of my approach to life is to rely on data and evidence wherever possible, along with the concept of informed consent, where it is crucial for a person to have all the available and current information to make valid decisions.

Some of the things stated in this thread are simply not accurate, and/or are not based on data and evidence. Rather than prolong the debate, I'll leave it at that. If anyone wishes to explore this topic, or take a deep dive into the specifics, feel free to PM me, or email me at dlcphoto at gmail dot com.

Thank you.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 08:31:16 AM »
It's very difficult to make blanket comparisons with the goal of helping a individual make a buying decision. There are definitely differences in the two processors in features, performance and costs. The value one places on these differences will vary for each buyer. For some having no processor is best and others may opt for the Envy extreme with the rest of us falling somewhere between the two. Value has a different meaning for everyone. 

bmoney

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
either way they are both GREAT VP and you cant go wrong with either...just depends on how much you want to spend.  bottom line
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 11:43:01 PM »
If you have an anamorphic screen, seriously consider them! I used to use lens memory settings and it’s so nice not to have to mess with them anymore. Been very happy with my MadVR Envy. Instant auto aspect ratio detection is awesome!

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal