AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Wired: Blocked on Facebook

Barry

Wired: Blocked on Facebook
« on: October 13, 2021, 03:27:24 PM »
      I got thrown off a Facebook page today. Not just was my post deleted, I was thrown off the page and then blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really!

I belonged to three Facebook audio pages, but didn’t post there much. Unlike here I felt I ahd little in common with the posters. I belonged to “Anthem Audio,” “McIntosh” and “Home Theatre.”

On the Anthem site, there has been discussions on wiring.  Is Balanced better than RCA, which brands are better and many who feel that the cheapest wire is the best.  I gave examples from my own life and ended with this:

So I do believe cables sound different and some are better than others.  I don’t understand why they should cost so much.  I like XLR’s throughout the system, especially on processor to amp interconnects.   Given a choice the interconnects should be the longest part of wiring and speaker cables the shortest.  The system should use the same brand throughout if possible. And higher quality sound from a cable may not be heard on a lower quality receiver.

This was a new post, I did not insult or even refer to anyone, but I probably disagreed with a few people.

When I went to notifications I discovered I could not return to the site and was blocked.

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Re: Wired: Blocked on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 04:22:17 PM »
Always remember Barry, you can never please the people all the time.. Some just can't handle the truth. :)
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 05:00:19 PM »
      I got thrown off a Facebook page today. Not just was my post deleted, I was thrown off the page and then blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really!

I belonged to three Facebook audio pages, but didn’t post there much. Unlike here I felt I ahd little in common with the posters. I belonged to “Anthem Audio,” “McIntosh” and “Home Theatre.”

On the Anthem site, there has been discussions on wiring.  Is Balanced better than RCA, which brands are better and many who feel that the cheapest wire is the best.  I gave examples from my own life and ended with this:

So I do believe cables sound different and some are better than others.  I don’t understand why they should cost so much.  I like XLR’s throughout the system, especially on processor to amp interconnects.  Given a choice the interconnects should be the longest part of wiring and speaker cables the shortest.  The system should use the same brand throughout if possible. And higher quality sound from a cable may not be heard on a lower quality receiver.

This was a new post, I did not insult or even refer to anyone, but I probably disagreed with a few people.

When I went to notifications I discovered I could not return to the site and was blocked.

They must have known you didn't like The Lone Ranger...that's why they banned you. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
That sucks Barry. There's no telling with FB groups sometimes. The cables thing is a risky topic though. I was in a Hi-Res Audio group that got into a squabble about it b/c someone basically spammed about a $3k USB cable. Next thing you know the group has vanished (very possibly taken private with me kicked out for my contribution, lol).

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »
On some FB audio pages, cable talk is a no-no. Most of the time, it gets heated and the page admins don't want the drama or the chance that the FB gods will delete their page.

Sadly, "this is the way".

Barry

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 05:19:16 PM »
I was just on the Anthem site a couple of times to learn how to use their Anthem Room Calibration.

I hope we don’t forget how nice we have it here, on this site. Not only have I learned a great deal, but with this site and then with personal contact with members I was able to build a great system. And just have a good time.

I am going to try to play this straight and not make a joke out of it. It’s been 8 years since the 2013 movie Lone Ranger was released. David liked it and I didn’t and we discussed our reasons on line.  But we still tease each other about it and have laughed about it since then. And David, Tracy, JJJ and many others were very helpful in helping put together everything.  David has a JVC projector and also liked his SVS subs. And the gang here and many others here, have saved me time and money avoiding bad movies. And enriching me by suggesting movies I never heard of.

I am never rude on line, so I don’t know why my post was taken down, then I was thrown off the site and then blocked. No discussion. I guess it was on my mind because I was puzzled.

PS: Okay, I can’t resist it: The Lone Ranger movie was not released, it escaped!

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 01:16:59 AM »
Barry, we've only spoken in the phone a couple of times and interacted online for years, but I consider you a good friend. The Lone Ranger wasn't great, but not as bad as you said it was.  Then again, I have yet to watch it a second time after all these years...maybe its time for a revisit. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

Barry

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 11:53:55 AM »
Barry, we've only spoken in the phone a couple of times and interacted online for years, but I consider you a good friend. The Lone Ranger wasn't great, but not as bad as you said it was.  Then again, I have yet to watch it a second time after all these years...maybe its time for a revisit.
    Dave, 

I consider you, JJJ, Tracy and so many others not just friends, but trusted friends. I value your opinions so much.

So re-read my response to you for “Marry Me.”
Huh?

I wrote that you and I tend to disagree on TWO issues. But I only brought up one, originality.  So what was the second issue?

Long chase and fight scenes with a pre-determined ending. The good guy always survives the early fights but seldom wins them.  He always wins in the end.  We knew that the Long Ranger was going to win in the end so the long chase was boring to me.  But if the chase scene looks great you like it more than me.
But one other point: I REALLY felt that Johnny Depp’s portrayal of Tonto was racist, insulting, repulsive  and stupid. And he was supposed to be a statue. He immediately took me, and my friends, out of the picture.

bmoney

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
Lone Ranger is my favorite film of all time 

Lol

Jk. But I do enjoy
It
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 01:26:30 AM »

Lol

Jk. But I do enjoy
It
You have good taste ;) 
Sound & Vision Magazine

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 02:49:01 PM »
When this popped back up as a post with recent activity, I was thinking to myself, "Barry sure is ruffling a lot of feathers here lately" (Southern expression for causing trouble for those of you who don't speak Southern). ::)

Barry is one of the nicest, most non-confrontational people you will ever interact with. This thread still surprises me.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 04:05:55 PM »
When this popped back up as a post with recent activity, I was thinking to myself, "Barry sure is ruffling a lot of feathers here lately" (Southern expression for causing trouble for those of you who don't speak Southern). ::)

Barry is one of the nicest, most non-confrontational people you will ever interact with. This thread still surprises me.
He probably shared his feelings about The Lone Ranger and got banned ;)
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 03:39:28 PM »

Lol

Jk. But I do enjoy
It
not played this in while and on the 40kw JBL professional THX sound system , wow chapter 21
i like cats . i don't like people who don't

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal