A Quiet Place Part II (UHD Blu-ray) release

A Quiet Place Part II (UHD Blu-ray) release
« on: July 25, 2021, 08:29:55 PM »

Studio: Paramount
Release Date: July 27, 2021
Rating: PG-13
Film: 4.5/5

Plot
Following the deadly events at home, the Abbott family (Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe) must now face the terrors of the outside world as they continue their fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they quickly realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path in this “gripping, edge-of-your-seat thriller” (Scott Mantz, BFCA) written and directed by John Krasinski.

My Thoughts
A Quiet Place ended up being a huge hit a few years ago and everyone knew a sequel would eventually come. Unlike the first film, this one starts with a bang when we get to venture back to Day 1 of the alien invasion, and we get to witness the mayhem they brought with them. Once we see how it begins, things jump ahead to just after the end of the first movie. What waits for them in the world is more than just aliens—human nature has taken a turn for the worst and it’s hard to tell who a friend is and who is your foe.

This isn’t the type of film I generally enjoy, but I absolutely love both of these movies. Karasinski does a fabulous job of keeping you on the edge of your seat and the sound design is some of the best you’ll ever hear. The surround envelopment is outstanding and whenever the aliens go on attack the LFE channel dips well below 25Hz.  

Video 9.5/10

Audio 10/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• Feature film in high definition
  • Director’s Diary: Filming with John Krasinski
  • Pulling Back the Curtain
  • Regan’s Journey
  • Surviving the Marina
  • Detectable Disturbance: Visual Effects and Sound Design
  • UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
Like the first film, this is an edge of your seat thriller that will keep you glued to the screen from beginning to end. I’m sure a third film will eventually come to the screen to show the human race fighting back against the alien invaders. I can’t recommend this one highly enough—just buy it and you won’t regret it.

Reference Review System:
JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High-Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 88” 16x9 Fixed Screen
Trinnov Altitude 16 Audio/Video Processor
ATI AT527NC Powering Bed Channels
ATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: URC MX-990
M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)
M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
JL Audio Dominion F110 Subwoofer x 2
Mini DSP HD controlling all subwoofers
Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling

PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

Re: A Quiet Place Part II (UHD Blu-ray) release
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 09:06:29 AM »
Great review. So much more than just a monster/disaster movie 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 03:14:53 PM »
Greetings,

Great review Dave. Yeah, lightning struck twice with these films both in content and presentation on home video. 8)

Regards,

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 07:43:03 AM »
I watched Part 11 but I must have been a bit distracted…I went back and watched Part 1 and then watched Part 11 again and loved it!! It all made sense to me as I got far more out of it during the 2nd viewing…I know what u r thinking “This guy must really chase his tail when watching something like Lord of the Rings”! ;) Unfortunately or fortunately I can watch a movie and watch it again a week later and remember very little of it from the first viewing…

bmoney

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »
I watched Part 11 but I must have been a bit distracted…I went back and watched Part 1 and then watched Part 11 again and loved it!! It all made sense to me as I got far more out of it during the 2nd viewing…I know what u r thinking “This guy must really chase his tail when watching something like Lord of the Rings”! ;) Unfortunately or fortunately I can watch a movie and watch it again a week later and remember very little of it from the first viewing…
Part 11?! Man I have some catching up to do

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »
Part 11?! Man I have some catching up to do
Oooooppps… 😉

bmoney

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 10:17:40 AM »
Oooooppps… 😉
Hahah. I had to scroll to the top of the thread to make sure I was in the correct place for a second 

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up