AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Peer Home Theater

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Peer Home Theater
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »

.1917 4K Bluray screen shots. JVC RS4500 4K projector, DCR anamorphic lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro Processor, Stewart 128" diagonal ST130 G3 scope screen. Shot with a Canon G7X MKII camera

This movie looks fabulous in my theater ! 

Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:50 PM »
More 1917 4K Bluray screen shots. JVC RS4500 4K projector, DCR anamorphic lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro Processor, Stewart 128" diagonal ST130 G3 scope screen. Shot with a Canon G7X MKII camera.

Great movie. the picture detail in person is amazing. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »
The 1917 4K Bluray is certainly a reference picture on a native 4K projector ! 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:32 PM »
Last screen shots. Great movie, and they look great on an RS4500! 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
The new Lawrence Of Arabia 4K Blu-ray on my JVC RS4500 projector and Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 screen. This 4K Blu-ray looks fantastic ! Shot off the screen with a Canon G7X MKII camera. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »
More from the new Lawrence Of Arabia 4K Blu-ray on my JVC RS4500 projector and Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 screen. This 4K Blu-ray looks fantastic ! Shot off the screen with a Canon G7X MKII camera.

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »
Craig, reading reviews of the new LoA it looks like everyone agrees they did a fantastic job with both the video and audio. It seems this is only currently available as part of a big set of classic films - is that how you got it or did you find a source for the individual film? 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »
Craig, reading reviews of the new LoA it looks like everyone agrees they did a fantastic job with both the video and audio. It seems this is only currently available as part of a big set of classic films - is that how you got it or did you find a source for the individual film?

I decided to get the box set for a couple of reasons. I love L o A so that was a no brainer. I've actually never seen either Jerry Maguire or A League Of Their Own - and I do like Cruise and Hanks films, so decided adding those to my collection would be good. Dr. Strangelove is another favorite, so what the heck. I'm not sure I've seen Mr. Smith Goes To Washington either ( or it's been decades and was on TV ), and I do like classics. Buying a set like this will encourage the studios to restore more films and give us more 4K remasters. And there you have it. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
More from the new Lawrence Of Arabia 4K Blu-ray on my JVC RS4500 projector and Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 screen.  Shot off the screen with a Canon G7X MKII camera.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2020, 02:40:46 PM »
I loved watching this film again in 4K so much I started reading this 93 year old copy of his book I happened to have ! 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
My wife and I have been working our way though the Marvel movies, catching up on ones we've never seen and re-watching the ones we had seen prior to their being on 4K Blu-ray. I really enjoyed re-watching Iron Man 3. I couldn't remember much about that movie, but it was a hoot. 

The order I'm watching them in - 

Captain America: The First Avenger 
Iron Man 
Iron Man 2
Thor 
The Avengers 
Iron Man 3
Thor : The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 
Guardians of the Galaxy 
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 
Avengers: Age of Ultron 
Ant Man
Captain America : Civil War
Doctor Strange 
Thor: Ragnarok 
Black Panther 
Avengers: Infinity War 
Ant-Man and the Wasp 
Captain Marvel 
Avengers: Endgame 

14 to go. I'm not a fan of The Hulk nor the Spider Man stand alone movies. So those get a hard pass from me. 

So far, these movies look outstanding on 4K Blu-ray and sound great too ! 

claw

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2020, 07:53:16 PM »
I tend to agree you can skip The Incredible Hulk.  It has a different actor than who plays him in the rest of the Avengers movies.  And his origin story in this movie doesn't really matter that much.

I would not skip Spider Man: Homecoming which sits between Civil War and Dr. Strange in my viewing order.  The character takes on more importance later, especially in End Game.

The followup Spiderman: Far From Home takes place after the events of End Game.  (I will watch any movie that features Zendaya.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:59:47 PM by claw »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »
Craig,

So funny that you posted this...My wife and I have been going through all of the Marvel movies as well this month (23 movies in less than 31 days). We are on "Endgame" tonight and we'll watch Spiderman: Far From Home tomorrow night to complete the adventure. We chose to watch the films by their theatrical release date so the bonus footage would tie into the next film (in most cases) and it's been a total blast. While I've seen all of the movies at least twice (theatrically and then on home video), I've picked up a ton of references that went completely over my head the first time (or I'd forgotten about) that tie the movies together. What's even more interesting is some of the films I didn't care for in the past (Thor: Ragnorok, for example), I enjoyed a lot more because of the tie-ins that were fresh in my mind. 

One thing I will say is that Marvel had a plan in the beginning (an ambitious one at that) and they stuck to it from beginning to end and the 23 movies are a marvel to watch and experience (pun intended). The quality is off the charts and other than a couple of cast changes in the beginning (Hulk and War Machine--both of the original actors fired (idiots!)), they were able to keep the gang together which definitely helped tell a 50+ hour story and keep it fresh throughout the entire experience. 

Have fun on the continuing adventure!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
One last thing...I don't have all of the films in 4K (off the top of my head, probably about half 4K and the other half Blu-ray). I can tell the difference between the two though...Iron Man in 4K is a pretty good upgrade over the original Paramount Blu-ray. The ones I don't have in 4K I'll eventually buy when they go on sale, but I won't pay full retail for them unless I win the lottery on Wednesday :)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2020, 09:23:15 PM »
Craig,

So funny that you posted this...My wife and I have been going through all of the Marvel movies as well this month (23 movies in less than 31 days). We are on "Endgame" tonight and we'll watch Spiderman: Far From Home tomorrow night to complete the adventure. We chose to watch the films by their theatrical release date so the bonus footage would tie into the next film (in most cases) and it's been a total blast. While I've seen all of the movies at least twice (theatrically and then on home video), I've picked up a ton of references that went completely over my head the first time (or I'd forgotten about) that tie the movies together. What's even more interesting is some of the films I didn't care for in the past (Thor: Ragnorok, for example), I enjoyed a lot more because of the tie-ins that were fresh in my mind.

One thing I will say is that Marvel had a plan in the beginning (an ambitious one at that) and they stuck to it from beginning to end and the 23 movies are a marvel to watch and experience (pun intended). The quality is off the charts and other than a couple of cast changes in the beginning (Hulk and War Machine--both of the original actors fired (idiots!)), they were able to keep the gang together which definitely helped tell a 50+ hour story and keep it fresh throughout the entire experience.

Have fun on the continuing adventure!

Some of the movies I had on Blu-ray I was on the fence about upgrading to 4K - like Iron Man 2 & 3. Then someone posted a link to a Best Buy Steelbook sale - one was $ 7.50 and the other $ 15.00. The ones I had never seen just had to be bought in 4K though - that would include all of the Thor films, the Captain America films and the Avenger films ( I missed a lot of movies ). It makes a lot more sense watching them in order now. The picture quality even on Iron Man has not disappointed one bit ! 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal