AVS Discussions
  Go Down

TV show reviews - all formats OTA, Netflix, Apple+, HULU, Disney + etc.

bmoney

think this is an appropriate place to have discussions of SHows.  At first I thought, Im not watching shows in my theater, thats for the TV room.  But since getting the Apple TV 4K for my bday, with 2.40 pictures and atmos sound.  How can I not enjoy them on my 130" screen!

so post up the show and what format it is on.  no need to have a synopsis of the show (we can all search it up) just give a quick review :)

first up for me was 

Ted Lasso (Apple+)

just finished binge watching this!  OUTSTANDING.  When a show makes you feel like the characters are your own friends you know they have done it right.

I cannot WAIT until season 2.  such a great show! 5 out of 5 for me

SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: TV show reviews - all formats OTA, Netflix, Apple+, HULU, Disney + etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:30:19 AM »
For a TV show with surprisingly cinematic production and visuals (given its initial origins on SyFy channel), I highly recommend watching the 4K version of The Expanse on Amazon Prime. 

In general, Netflix & Prime have several 4K TV shows that would translate well to be seen on the bigger screen but The Expanse is special with the space setting.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »
For a TV show with surprisingly cinematic production and visuals (given its initial origins on SyFy channel), I highly recommend watching the 4K version of The Expanse on Amazon Prime.

In general, Netflix & Prime have several 4K TV shows that would translate well to be seen on the bigger screen but The Expanse is special with the space setting.
Second "The Expanse." Absolutely fantastic show and it looks great too via streaming. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »
Second "The Expanse." Absolutely fantastic show and it looks great too via streaming.
awesome Ill def check it out!

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 12:56:43 PM »
awesome Ill def check it out!
The first couple of episodes have a lot thrown at you, so give it a while to latch on to. Once you get hooked, you'll be binge watching like crazy. Another good show is "The Boys," although it's not really for the wives to watch :)
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »
thanks for that tip.  Not a huge fan of when shows do that slow start I want to be hooked immediately.  but ill take your recommendation and tough it out haha

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
thanks for that tip.  Not a huge fan of when shows do that slow start I want to be hooked immediately.  but ill take your recommendation and tough it out haha
It doesn't start slow...it throws a lot at you very quickly and can be a bit confusing. By episode 3 or 4, things start to come together. It's well worth the time invested. Arguably the best Sci-Fi show since the first season of the reboot of Battlestar Glactica (which fell apart in subsequent seasons--still entertaining, but not groundbreaking). This series is based on a series of books, so there's tons of character development and drama. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 02:34:52 PM »
ahhhh Thats what I get for reading threads and working at the same time lol

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »
It doesn't start slow...it throws a lot at you very quickly and can be a bit confusing. By episode 3 or 4, things start to come together. It's well worth the time invested. Arguably the best Sci-Fi show since the first season of the reboot of Battlestar Glactica (which fell apart in subsequent seasons--still entertaining, but not groundbreaking). This series is based on a series of books, so there's tons of character development and drama.
My wife and I loved the Battlestar Galactica reboot. In fact, I bought the Blu-ray box set so we can re-watch it ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »
My wife and I loved the Battlestar Galactica reboot. In fact, I bought the Blu-ray box set so we can re-watch it !
Overall, I liked it too but didn't love the way it ended. If you liked that show then you HAVE to watch The Expanse. You'll love it, guaranteed. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
Overall, I liked it too but didn't love the way it ended. If you liked that show then you HAVE to watch The Expanse. You'll love it, guaranteed.
This, absofrackinglutely. 8)

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal