AVS Discussions
  Go Down

do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »
you have even more reason to use BEQ. withy your setup!  but some people dont like putting in any effort to get the best out of their stuff ;) lol JK
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 10:46:56 AM »
you have even more reason to use BEQ. withy your setup!  but some people dont like putting in any effort to get the best out of their stuff ;) lol JK
I'm not really into making each movie require the most work possible to watch either. I have more bass than I know what to do with now - without it. Even on Disney movies.  

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 11:27:45 AM »
I'm not really into making each movie require the most work possible to watch either. I have more bass than I know what to do with now - without it. Even on Disney movies. 
if you knew how easy it was you would laugh at yourself for making this statement.  
and its not about MORE bass. Its about the deep bass that's missing but shouldn't be.


especially now with ezBEQ which runs off your phone or tablet
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »
if you knew how easy it was you would laugh at yourself for making this statement. 
and its not about MORE bass. Its about the deep bass that's missing but shouldn't be.


especially now with ezBEQ which runs off your phone or tablet
Well, when I have spare time maybe I will look into it again. My motivation level to do anything in the theater other than watch a movie and then go to bed is extremely low right now. 

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
Well, when I have spare time maybe I will look into it again. My motivation level to do anything in the theater other than watch a movie and then go to bed is extremely low right now.
Let me know. I’d be more than happy to help :)

right now I use my phone app to turn up the volume of my avr the. Swipe to the BEQ app and apply the filter. Total takes 10 seconds for both. :) and it’s all before or while the opening credits are rolling. So goes unnoticed to all. 

pretty slick. 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1585
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 12:42:19 AM »
If any of you own a Monoprice HTP-1, you'll be happy to know that pink soda has just updated his already fantastic interface to upload BEQ filters without having to use ezBEQ or the BEQ program.

It's really slick, and you can see more details on the HTP-1 thread on that other AVS forum.  ;)
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 03:05:04 AM »
This has come so far. It’s so easy now. And this makes it even easier. Wow. 

I know if you use a server. They have been trying to get a docker to load it automatically like the monolith 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 04:05:32 PM »
I stayed away from BEQ myself because I thought it was too difficult but giving it a second glance I am going to give it a try. 
I just got my minidsp and am super excited to give this a try. 

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 09:59:59 PM »
It’s really easy. If you need help lmk
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: do you even BEQ? if not you dont know what your missing!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2022, 09:35:57 PM »
One of the greatest applications of this is atomic blonde. Wow what a difference. 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal