AVS Discussions
  Go Down

The JBL THX Cinema!

The JBL THX Cinema!
« on: September 03, 2020, 09:12:30 AM »
Small room with an awkward chimney breast to the left side of the room and having to scale the width of the front 9' 2" with the transparent 120" projection screen and six Irwin rocker seats with a full JBL professional and Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System.

Denon AVC-X8500H Dolby AtmosPlusIIIx (Auro3d/dtsx not in use) only Dolby AtmosPlusIIIx
Dolby CP200 control unit, processor unit, accessory unit and mag pre-amp MPU-1 with A-type and SR cards.
Dolby CP500 used for proper Dolby Stereo 4.2.4 matrix playback since the Denon AVC-X8500H is not capable of
Dolby CP500 spare
Dolby CP55
Dolby CP65
Dolby CP45 decoders used for side surrounds and below surround with extra channel and SW
Dolby CP45 decoders used for centre middle back surround and extra channel and SW
Dolby SA10 used for height channels extra decoding extra channels Height 1
Dolby SA10 Height 2
Dolby SA10 Height 3
Dolby SRA5
Dolby SDU4 used for five screen matrix, two decoders are needed to create new inner-left right or left-centre/right-centre channels
Dolby SDU4 used for five screen matrix
Sony SDDS D3000
Sony SDDS D3000

Stormaudio elite mkIII 32 

Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System crossover/monitor
Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System crossover/monitor

Behringer DCX2496
Behringer DCX246
Behringer DCX246
Behringer DCX246

Behringer MDX4600 to enhance the gain levels to the DCX2496 inputs for LCR SW
Behringer MDX4600 to enhance the gain levels to the DCX2496 inputs for left-centre right-centre and two reserved channels

Behringer DEQ2496 for enhancement of the Dolby 4.2.4 matrix or Left-total Right-total as well as can do phase changing of the signal if a movie happens to be out-of-phase.

Behringer ECM8000 x6 for room multiplexing with Behringer pro RX1202FX mic boom stands x6

x4 rack towers

4K projection DLP pixel shift and LG 65"oled

Behringer NX3000D LF left right
Behringer NX3000 LF left-centre right-centre
Behringer NX LF centre / below surround
Behringer NX3000D sub bass left / sub bass right
Behringer Inuke3000D sub bass middle front / sub bass back of room for enhancement for the surrounds
Behringer EPQ304 HF left HF / left-centre / HF right-centre / HF right
Behringer EPQ304 HF centre / rest of channels presently reserved
Behringer EPQ304 DOG 1 / DOG 2 / DOG 3 / Extra 1
Behringer EPQ304 Extra 2 / Extra 3 / reserved
Behringer EPQ304 reserved new amp install Crown CTs8200
Behringer EPQ304 reserved new amp install Crown CTs8200

Crown CTs8200 left and right surround arrays and back surround
Crown CTs8200 Overhead surrounds x9 thou 8 amps other channel I use with another amplifier, actually there is 12 channels used for the Atmos height channels.

Alesis RA300 bass seat shakers for seat buckets
Alesis RA300 bass shakers for the floor

JBL screen channels
JBL 4647 left, left-centre, centre, right-centre, right - JBL 2371 HF horns
JBL 4645C left front SW/LFE.1 baby boom MegaSound
JBL 4645 right front SW/LFE.1 baby boom MegaSound
JBL 4682 TCB front middle to enhance the overhead surrounds channels lower
JBL 4682 TCB rear back to enhance the surround channels lower
JBL 8330 mkII left side wall arrays x3
JBL 8330 mkII right side wall arrays x3
JBL 8330 mkII rear back surrounds
JBL 8330 mkII centre middle back surround
JBL 8330A Overhead surround Height 1 that uses x3 with a middle centre or DOG channel
JBL 8330A Overhead surround Height 2 that uses x3 with a middle centre or DOG channel
JBL 8330A Overhead surround Height 3 that uses x3 with a middle centre or DOG channel
JBL Control 1 part of Height 1 the speaker is placed on the floor is called Extra 1 x2
JBL Control 1 part of Height 1 the speaker is placed on the floor is called Extra 2 x3
JBL Control 1 part of Height 1 the speaker is placed on the floor is called Extra 3 x2
JBL GTO1202 behind the screen on top of the JBL 4682 reserved for an idea.
JBL Control SB-2 left side surround extra bass enhancement
JBL Control SB-2 Below surround bass enhancement
JBL Control SB-2 Right side surround bass enhancement
JBL Control 5 x8 reserved 
JBL Control 5 x2 reserved
Small disc format players
Panasonic 900 THX
Panasonic 9000 THX
Panasonic bluray
Pioneer DVD with record for duel layer
Sony bluray
Toshiba HD-DVD

Large disc format
Pioneer Laserdisc DVL-909 Dolby AC-3/dts
Pioneer Laserdisc DVL-909 Dolby AC-3/dts
Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-925 Dolby AC-3/dts
Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-2950
Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-2850
Pioneer Laserdisc CLD-1750

Tape format
JVC HR-D725EK VHS linear stereo with Dolby System B-type Hi-Fi stereo, I may used Dolby A-type or SR depending.

And 2 Cats, Sooty the fluffy lovely and Magic the sweet tuxedo

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:26:19 AM by andyandthecats »
i like cats . i don't like people who don't

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: The JBL THX Cinema!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 10:46:28 AM »
Wow - that's some room. I bet the cats don't stay long if you crank an action movie ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »
That has got to be the highest density of speakers I've seen in a room. Wow!

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 12:12:42 PM »
Lot of speakers and a lot of channels. How is the experience? Obviously you have the dynamics. :) 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSMike

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 09:36:15 AM »
What are you using to process all the surround channels?
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 01:11:08 PM »
Wow - that could be the next step for Dolby Atmos - speakers below you and above you ! 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »
That 4K Blu-ray looks a lot different - and better - on my 4K projector. That looks a bit blown out. Might be your camera recording it though.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 05:28:38 AM »
My, Sooty passed away 10th November. I'm really sensitive about pets, Cats. I only have, Magic now.

I don't care about my home cinema anymore. I think dolby atmos is rubbish will all was be rubbish format with dtsxpro auro3d, I don;t care about my JBL professional cinema speakers anymore. I hardly now go in the home cinema as home cinema isn't life, its just garbage trash. A Pet is for life and I have dearly lost one. I know none here will care, so why should I bother. I hope dolby labs goes bust with all cinemas and hollywood movies goes bust, what a sad life, 4k home cinemas are. Get a Pet, love a Love a Pet, cos home theater cinemas don't give any love.

Tom Bley

• We'll just do it in Dubly
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 08:00:48 AM »
My, Sooty passed away 10th November. I'm really sensitive about pets, Cats. I only have, Magic now.

I don't care about my home cinema anymore. I think dolby atmos is rubbish will all was be rubbish format with dtsxpro auro3d, I don;t care about my JBL professional cinema speakers anymore. I hardly now go in the home cinema as home cinema isn't life, its just garbage trash. A Pet is for life and I have dearly lost one. I know none here will care, so why should I bother. I hope dolby labs goes bust with all cinemas and hollywood movies goes bust, what a sad life, 4k home cinemas are. Get a Pet, love a Love a Pet, cos home theater cinemas don't give any love.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.  :'(  You are wrong about people caring.  I love my cat.  she has been with me for 15 years and I know it will be very hard once she is gone.  My solace will be that I gave her a great home all those years.  You did the same for Sooty. :-*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:44:49 AM by Tom Bley »

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 09:11:36 AM »

Sorry for your loss, my pup is my baby. I bring him to the office everyday and basically everywhere I go. To steal a line from the show Letterkenny, when he goes they better dig a whole big enough for the two of us. Best wishes to you and Magic.

AVSMike

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 10:04:34 AM »
Enjoy being with your other cat. Maybe consider another cat? Sorry for the loss of your pet.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

bmoney

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 10:13:37 AM »
so sorry for your loss :(
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 02:59:20 AM »
JBL 2445 JBL 2380A five screen wide horns 

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2023, 03:12:54 AM »
the science to cleaning up the CD horns and testing and realignment of the diaphragm for five horns took over a fraction of day live video cleaning them testing

all testing done close range with microphone
REW
sine wave tests
frequency sweep graphs   
pink noise RTA

non-stop no sleep over 24hrs work , of course that was few no-years ago

i lost my cat Sooty 2 no-years ago due to its very complicated . i got another cat called Bear and didn't change the name from original owner . Bear is alpha male , he picks on my cat Magic . not moment i think about my Sooty who could understand memorise hundreds of spoken words .

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal