AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Crimson Mounts

AVSMike

Crimson Mounts
« on: January 16, 2020, 11:45:46 PM »
We have been working with Crimson to get a custom plate designed for JVC projectors. After reviewing a prototype and requesting some changes, we now have a nice working product. We will be stocking these shortly. The mount is well made and very sturdy. Mount also has gear adjustability at a very competitive price point. The mount attaches to the standard 1.5" threaded pipe. Mount can also be attached directly to a joist and still have gear adjustable rotation. Projector setup is very easy with this mount. See attached pictures.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:52:08 PM by AVSMike »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Re: Crimson Mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:28:20 AM »
What do the FOUR adjustment knobs do?

Looks like a nice compact and sturdy mount.

I like the gear adjustment knobs on my Peerless Unv. Some of the early models had complaints about loose fitting gears, mine were real tight, had to put a little Lithium grease on them and run them through full rotation. Works great!

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:38:47 AM »
That looks good. 8)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »
What do the FOUR adjustment knobs do?

Looks like a nice compact and sturdy mount.

I like the gear adjustment knobs on my Peerless Unv. Some of the early models had complaints about loose fitting gears, mine were real tight, had to put a little Lithium grease on them and run them through full rotation. Works great!
There are three knobs for the usual adjustments of pitch, yaw and roll. The fourth knob is a spring loaded threaded knob that secures the custom projector plate to the mount.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »
A new mount for my Epson is on my list for this year. The one that I have keeps getting off alignment but I'm sure it has more to do with how it's mounted to the floor joists.

I'm in the basement with a grid ceiling. When my girls walk around upstairs, it's like a herd of wild horses at times. I have tried attaching the mount to the grid itself and now a piece of plywood that's screwed into two of the floor joists. I put some thick foam under it the last time to try and absorb the vibrations but my alignment is off again.

It bugs me but I just deal with it as it is a major pain to adjust and get right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:11:18 PM by TRainH2O »

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »
Looks very nice.  Is that the JR3 version?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »
Looks very nice.  Is that the JR3 version?
It is. 

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »
We have been working with Crimson to get a custom plate designed for JVC projectors. After reviewing a prototype and requesting some changes, we now have a nice working product. We will be stocking these shortly.
Was that designed for the NX series? Even though the mounting holes are the same as the e-shift models, Kris Deering mentioned that the centre of gravity is not.

AVSMike

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
Was that designed for the NX series? Even though the mounting holes are the same as the e-shift models, Kris Deering mentioned that the centre of gravity is not.
Worked fine on my JVC, but I did not test to see how close to center it was. If you did want to change the balance point, it would be a simple matter of popping new holes in the custom plate.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:51:07 PM by AVSMike »

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 05:27:11 PM »
Still a great mount for the money! 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 03:52:25 PM »
Owners manual for this mount - 

JR3 (crimsonav.com)

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »
A frequently asked question is how many inches does this mount and custom plate add to the projector. 

It adds 4". 

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 03:48:51 PM »
How would you compare the quick-release mechanism to that of the RPMA281? I really like the Chief one, with a convenient quick release lever. And while it's a bit hard to tell from their video, the Crimson one seems not quite as easy, with at least 2 screws needing to be tightened.

I'm tempted to 'push' the RPMA281 past its 50 pound "limit", moving up to the NZ9 from my NX7 (with DCR), but am not completely confident about that choice. The huge Chief 200 pound limit one seems like extreme overkill, and if I'm reading it right, it weighs around 25 pounds on its own! That's why I'm looking at the Crimson.

AVSMike

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2021, 05:04:42 PM »
How would you compare the quick-release mechanism to that of the RPMA281? I really like the Chief one, with a convenient quick release lever. And while it's a bit hard to tell from their video, the Crimson one seems not quite as easy, with at least 2 screws needing to be tightened.

I'm tempted to 'push' the RPMA281 past its 50 pound "limit", moving up to the NZ9 from my NX7 (with DCR), but am not completely confident about that choice. The huge Chief 200 pound limit one seems like extreme overkill, and if I'm reading it right, it weighs around 25 pounds on its own! That's why I'm looking at the Crimson.
I like the locking lever on the Chief, but after releasing the lever, it is hard to get the projector plate slid off the mount. It sticks and you almost have to jar it a little to get it to release. On the Crimson mount you slide the plate into a channel. It slides in much easier than the Chief. No extra effort needed. Once you slide the plate into the channel, one of the knobs on the mount is a spring loaded set screw. So, you just push it in and tighten down the knob. Now the projector is securely fastened to the mount. You can also install two more screws on the opposite side to secure the plate to the mount a little better.

So, I would actually give ease of install and removal of the projector to the Crimson. Weight rating wise also goes to the Crimson and adjustment of the gearing goes to the Crimson. Cost also goes to the Crimson.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 06:57:10 PM »
I like the locking lever on the Chief, but after releasing the lever, it is hard to get the projector plate slid off the mount. It sticks and you almost have to jar it a little to get it to release. On the Crimson mount you slide the plate into a channel. It slides in much easier than the Chief. No extra effort needed. Once you slide the plate into the channel, one of the knobs on the mount is a spring loaded set screw. So, you just push it in and tighten down the knob. Now the projector is securely fastened to the mount. You can also install two more screws on the opposite side to secure the plate to the mount a little better.

So, I would actually give ease of install and removal of the projector to the Crimson. Weight rating wise also goes to the Crimson and adjustment of the gearing goes to the Crimson. Cost also goes to the Crimson.
Great answer - thanks Mike!

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal