AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Crimson Mounts

AVSMike

Crimson Mounts
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
We have been working with Crimson to get a custom plate designed for JVC projectors. After reviewing a prototype and requesting some changes, we now have a nice working product. We will be stocking these shortly. The mount is well made and very sturdy. Mount also has gear adjustability at a very competitive price point. The mount attaches to the standard 1.5" threaded pipe. Mount can also be attached directly to a joist and still have gear adjustable rotation. Projector setup is very easy with this mount. See attached pictures.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:52:08 PM by AVSMike »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Re: Crimson Mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 06:28:20 AM »
What do the FOUR adjustment knobs do?

Looks like a nice compact and sturdy mount.

I like the gear adjustment knobs on my Peerless Unv. Some of the early models had complaints about loose fitting gears, mine were real tight, had to put a little Lithium grease on them and run them through full rotation. Works great!

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »
That looks good. 8)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
What do the FOUR adjustment knobs do?

Looks like a nice compact and sturdy mount.

I like the gear adjustment knobs on my Peerless Unv. Some of the early models had complaints about loose fitting gears, mine were real tight, had to put a little Lithium grease on them and run them through full rotation. Works great!
There are three knobs for the usual adjustments of pitch, yaw and roll. The fourth knob is a spring loaded threaded knob that secures the custom projector plate to the mount.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 01:09:47 PM »
A new mount for my Epson is on my list for this year. The one that I have keeps getting off alignment but I'm sure it has more to do with how it's mounted to the floor joists.

I'm in the basement with a grid ceiling. When my girls walk around upstairs, it's like a herd of wild horses at times. I have tried attaching the mount to the grid itself and now a piece of plywood that's screwed into two of the floor joists. I put some thick foam under it the last time to try and absorb the vibrations but my alignment is off again.

It bugs me but I just deal with it as it is a major pain to adjust and get right.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:11:18 PM by TRainH2O »

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Looks very nice.  Is that the JR3 version?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »
Looks very nice.  Is that the JR3 version?
It is. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »
We have been working with Crimson to get a custom plate designed for JVC projectors. After reviewing a prototype and requesting some changes, we now have a nice working product. We will be stocking these shortly.
Was that designed for the NX series? Even though the mounting holes are the same as the e-shift models, Kris Deering mentioned that the centre of gravity is not.

AVSMike

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
Was that designed for the NX series? Even though the mounting holes are the same as the e-shift models, Kris Deering mentioned that the centre of gravity is not.
Worked fine on my JVC, but I did not test to see how close to center it was. If you did want to change the balance point, it would be a simple matter of popping new holes in the custom plate.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:51:07 PM by AVSMike »

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal