AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Binge Worthy Shows

Re: Binge Worthy Shows
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »
Jason, you mention animated series. We are still watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is pretty well done. My kids loved it when they were younger and encouraged us to watch it.
I havent seen that series, I did see the movie and I enjoyed that. I think I have another show to add to my list. I recently watched the first season of Solar Opposites, its from the same guys who do Rick and Morty. Its a very strange show but I tend to like those. 

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 05:04:53 PM »
What season are you in? I think season 3 (or Part 5) is when it “jumps the shark”. In writers defense, their hand was forced to some extent.
I think we are on Episode 7, Part 4 (almost done with Season 2). 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »
I think we are on Episode 7, Part 4 (almost done with Season 2).
Yep, I just checked and it’s Part 5 so enjoy it while it lasts! Haha

By the way, I tend to be opinionated so I asked my wife again what she thought and she agrees parts 1-4.5 are way better!

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2020, 09:04:45 PM »
Yep, I just checked and it’s Part 5 so enjoy it while it lasts! Haha

By the way, I tend to be opinionated so I asked my wife again what she thought and she agrees parts 1-4.5 are way better!
Good to know...if we don't like the turn it takes are you saying it's better not to watch it? Is it a complete waste of time?
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »
I'm really enjoying Jack Ryan. It's taken the place of Homeland now that it's over. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 09:47:07 AM »
Good to know...if we don't like the turn it takes are you saying it's better not to watch it? Is it a complete waste of time?
No, not a complete waste but I’m slightly OCD about finishing even bad shows. Happy to discuss in more detail once you reach that point!

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 04:05:16 PM »
One show that has not been listed is Letterkenny. It is a short 30 min. show with 6 episodes per season and season 8 has just come out. It is on Hulu. Bring the redneck out in everyone.
Letterkenny is a great show, it makes me think of a strange mix of Trailer Park Boys meets Always Sunny. The dialogue is so snappy and the basic dynamic that the worlds consists of three types of people, hicks, skids and jocks makes for some entertaining episodes. 

Has anyone seen the Netflix series Ragnarok?

AVSMike

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »
Letterkenny is a great show, it makes me think of a strange mix of Trailer Park Boys meets Always Sunny. The dialogue is so snappy and the basic dynamic that the worlds consists of three types of people, hicks, skids and jocks makes for some entertaining episodes.

Has anyone seen the Netflix series Ragnarok?
Yes, watched that when it first came out. Waiting for season 2.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »
What season are you in? I think season 3 (or Part 5) is when it “jumps the shark”. In writers defense, their hand was forced to some extent.
Down to the final 3 episodes. I see exactly what you mean...the show is damn depressing now with a few laughs mixed in. Another thing, the writers really show their disdain for middle-America with this show. Literally every character is a drunk or drug addict. Pretty sad. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

Harro

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »
What we do in the Shadows Not what I had expected. Thought it had some really funny ideas and loved all the episodes. Give it a look see for your self. on HULU

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
Yes, watched that when it first came out. Waiting for season 2.
I finally got around to watching it, I enjoyed it. I was expecting a Marvel Thor as a teen kind of theme but was pleasantly surprised with it being a closer tie to the Norse Mythology. I watched it with subtitles to start and tried out the dubbed English, dubbed over dialogue has come a long way since the old Kung Fu movies I remember. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal