AVS Discussions
  Go Down

New Thread on New movies

Barry

New Thread on New movies
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:03:43 PM »
May I ask for a new “Thread.” I think that is the name of a title in the forum page.

I like movies, even new movies.  I would like to post reviews of NEW movies and include how they look and sound in Imax and surround.  We did that on another site.  It has been a lifetime goal to beat David to the review!!!!  He gets discs in advance.

But wait!! There is more!

Seriously, on my home theatre, I now watch a great many movies that are streamed.  These come by Netflix, Hulu, DC, Amazon and much more to come.  We now can get Star Trek Discovery, Twilight Zone, Luke Cage, Daredevil and a ton of other shows to show on our home theatre systems and I would like to discuss and discover how they look and sound. I certainly would like to read the recommendations of the people here.

Streaming is not the wave of the future, it is here now.  I use the same equipment for my Ruko (which is attached to my Oppo 205) as I do for my blu-rays.  Can we try another thread? 
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
Re: New Thread on New movies
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 10:47:56 AM »
I would just put them in the regular Movie Review section. I don't see anything that says they have to be reviews that are on disc or some streaming platform.

Maybe add Theatrical Review to your title. 

In reality, the way that I see the subforums under the "Movie Discussion" section, Movie Reviews would be for in-theater titles while the Blu-ray, 4K UHD, and DVD would be reviews of titles on optical disc format.

That's my interpretation anyway.

bmoney

Re: New Thread on New movies
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »
the subforum  SHOULD read Blurays movie reviews...this is home theater after all...ill change it
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Go Up