AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Directv Now

Directv Now
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »
I recently dropped Spectrum for my cable needs and have gone to directv now which is a streaming option without contracts. It is a month to month service, I prepaid my first 3 months and got a free 4k apple tv. My previous cable bill was $55 a month, and an additional $15 for HBO now. With directv now I pay $35 for the cable plan which has all the channels I had with spectrum, I also added HBO for $5, Cinemax for $5 and Showtime for $8. So previously I was paying $70 a month for my cable needs, now I pay $53, have more movie channels and access to the service anywhere I go. If your looking for a cord cutting option I would suggest checking this out.

AVSMike

Re: Directv Now
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
I looked at Direct TV and the offering did not look bad. If I was not getting such a good deal from our local company (cable and internet combined) I would consider using Direct TV.
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

cjake

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »
I signed up for the promotion.   I look at it in reverse; I got an Apple TV 4K for just $105, and free Directv Now for three months.
AKA claw on the other forum

JVC RS500/LG B7A OLED/Denon X6400H/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/Samsung K8500/Appple TV 4K/HDfury Vertex,Linker,Integral

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
I use Roku Ultra's. They are only $89 delivered. Seem to do a good job with streaming.
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
I was with Brighthouse cable until Spectrum took over.

My bill has gone up $45 a month in about two years time since this took place, yet I have no new services.  It went up $11 this month.  Part of the reason is because Brighthouse was giving yearly specials which expired and Spectrum will not continue them.  Spectrum told me if I were a new customer, I would be paying an additional 20 a month. I'm paying $136 a month for basic cable channels on two TVs and low bandwidth internet access.  I'm not sure if this is a decent price or not as I have not priced out anything.

Jason, how are you still liking Direct TV?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:24:33 PM by DavidHir »

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »
I am still enjoying the Directv Now service, though new subscribers probably wont have the same opinion as me. Directv Now has made changes to their packages, The price has gone up and it seems they have dropped a couple channels. Fortunately I was grandfathered in at my introductory rate, as long as my bill stays the same I will continue to stay with them. When it inevitably goes up I will probably change, I have looked into Philo Tv and Youtube Tv as possible replacements. Directv Now is particularly enticing for me is the way they allow your to subscribe to premium channels for less than purchasing the individual apps. For example I pay $11 a month currently for HBO and Showtime, while just the HBO app is $15. So as I said its been a good source for cable streaming for me, but with the price increase it might not be the best option for others. If your considering Directv Now I would suggest trying the free trial, but make sure that doesnt nullify your ability to utilize the promos should you decide to become a subscriber.   

Go Up