AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Speaker advice

Idb

Speaker advice
« on: January 19, 2018, 12:18:13 AM »
Hi All,
I’m in the market to replace My B&W cm9s and surrounds.  I’ve been a B&W fan for a while so went to magnolia today and auditioned the new 702s and 804s and 805s, found the 702 too bright and fear the the treble may be too fatiguing.  The 804s are better but not 2x better. Liked the 805s but worry they won’t have enough punch for main speakers.

Also listened to Martin Logan 60xt but they didn’t “feel” like an upgrade to the cm9s.

So this brings me to hear for advice.  I like the looks and specs of the RBH sv-6500r but have no way to audition so they’d be a blind buy.  Anyone own RBH and how do they compare to the B&Ws? Reviews are a bit sparse...but the few available say they’re exceptional speakers.

What others should I consider in the 10k range?  Looks so play a small roll, can’t hide easily..  These are for a dedicated theatre room and 100% movies.

Should I buy the RBH sight unheard?  I did that with svs subs and couldn’t be happier!

Dave

bmoney

Re: Speaker advice
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »
have you considered DIY?

HUGE bang for your buck...imho will rival anything you can get for 10k. and if they are going behind a AT screen? would take minimal woodworking skills
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSMike

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Hi All,
I’m in the market to replace My B&W cm9s and surrounds.  I’ve been a B&W fan for a while so went to magnolia today and auditioned the new 702s and 804s and 805s, found the 702 too bright and fear the the treble may be too fatiguing.  The 804s are better but not 2x better. Liked the 805s but worry they won’t have enough punch for main speakers.

Also listened to Martin Logan 60xt but they didn’t “feel” like an upgrade to the cm9s.

So this brings me to hear for advice.  I like the looks and specs of the RBH sv-6500r but have no way to audition so they’d be a blind buy.  Anyone own RBH and how do they compare to the B&Ws? Reviews are a bit sparse...but the few available say they’re exceptional speakers.

What others should I consider in the 10k range?  Looks so play a small roll, can’t hide easily..  These are for a dedicated theatre room and 100% movies.

Should I buy the RBH sight unheard?  I did that with svs subs and couldn’t be happier!

Dave

I have owned RBH speakers for many years. Still use them in my family room setup. The speaker in their line up I would look at, if going towers and not wanting to sink a fortune into them are the SV-6500R. The AMT tweeter is that good. I would also consider the SV-661R paired with a good sub like the SVS SB16 Ultra. If you would like to discuss, contact us and we can talk about the various options.

Added
The SV-831 is an incredibly good sounding speaker. I am a real fan of the AMT tweeter.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:07:07 PM by AVSMike »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
Hi All,

Dave

RBH does have a 30 day return policy.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Idb

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 03:43:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

Didn't have much patience...

I ordered the RBH speakers from Craig.  I'll post some pics and my impression when I get them.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal