V6 info

AVSMike

V6 info
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »
Ultra HD V6 Projection Screen Material
Acoustically Transparent, suited for 8K and beyond
True .8 Gain
Average loss less than 1.5 db
Less than 2% of 6500K industry standard.
Height: 79" - sold per linear foot
Universal Grip Rails included to fit existing frames.

How to install onto existing aluminum frame:
Making and attaching to a wood frame:

My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

alangouger

• My avatar, me in my bat cave theater.
Re: V6 info
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »
Id like to personally endorse this material. Please note this is not a AVS commercial I have to believe in what I endorse from personal use. The multi layer is very unique and protected by a patent. Id like to comment on a few benefits of the material. This is a multi layer material. The black sub layer has a positive side effect, it adds contrast. It has one the highest gain of all fabric materials and the audio performance is a notch better then its competition. The material is very smooth, it is 6k ready, the material is ready for new video formats the future may bring us. The smoothness of the material does not amplify video noise. It is the ideal material for RGB laser where speckle is a concern.
The best part of all of this, the material is available as "just the material" to satisfy the the ever growing DIY market.

We should start a thread to allow customers to post pictures of their DIY screens.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
Id like to personally endorse this material. Please note this is not a AVS commercial I have to believe in what I endorse from personal use. The multi layer is very unique and protected by a patent. Id like to comment on a few benefits of the material. This is a multi layer material. The black sub layer has a positive side effect, it adds contrast. It has one the highest gain of all fabric materials and the audio performance is a notch better then its competition. The material is very smooth, it is 6k ready, the material is ready for new video formats the future may bring us. The smoothness of the material does not amplify video noise. It is the ideal material for RGB laser where speckle is a concern.
The best part of all of this, the material is available as "just the material" to satisfy the the ever growing DIY market.

We should start a thread to allow customers to post pictures of their DIY screens.

I was extremely impressed seeing this at Cedia. It looked like a solid screen - couldn't see any screen texture at all. Or shimmer / screen artifacts. 14' wide from 14' viewing distance.

Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

alangouger

• My avatar, me in my bat cave theater.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
I was extremely impressed seeing this at Cedia. It looked like a solid screen - couldn't see any screen texture at all. Or shimmer / screen artifacts. 14' wide from 14' viewing distance.

Nice pictures Craig.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:17:35 PM »
This screen is amazing! You cannot see the texture of the screen at all!

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
do you offer free samples to test it out?  if so Id like to compare to spandex
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSMike

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
do you offer free samples to test it out?  if so Id like to compare to spandex

Yes, can send you a sample. We have 8.5" x 11" free and 24" x 37" for $75. Which would you like?
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

bmoney

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »
the free one please :)

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSMike

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
the free one please :)

Shipped out to you already. :)

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

bmoney

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »
Shipped out to you already. :)

you da man

Nad t758v3 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
Mike, I would appreciate a V6 sample as well. 
Do you also have an EN4K sample?  Anything else I should consider?
thanks

AVSMike

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 11:13:20 PM »
Mike, I would appreciate a V6 sample as well. 
Do you also have an EN4K sample?  Anything else I should consider?
thanks

Will get samples sent to you. :)

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I've been doing a lot of research on AT screens.  I've come across many positive reviews of the new V6 material.  I'm new to home theater and looking to purchase my first AT screen.  I'm quite interested in using V6.  However, I don't currently own a screen that I could retrofit with different material and I'm not much of a DIY person who is capable or interested in building a screen from scratch.  I am more interested in purchasing a pre-fabricated screen that is designed to accommodate the V6 fabric.  It looks like this type of screen frame is available from DreamScreen in Norway but I don't think it is currently available in the US.

Does AV Science have any plans to start selling screen frames that are compatible with the V6 fabric?  If not, does anyone know where I could purchase a good quality 2.35 or 2.37 pre-fabricated screen frame that could be used with the V6 fabric? 

Thanks.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »
AVS would have to get back to you in terms of frame availability, but as soon as we´re able to supply them with ample amounts of fabric I am sure they will consider carrying frames as well. Currently, supply of fabric is limited, but we´re working on resolving this as of right now. We will also be releasing a motorised masking frame within Q3 2017, more info on that later on.

Also, anyone located in Europe, the UltraWeave V6 will be showcased at the ISE show in Amsterdam 7.-10. of February in the Alcons Audio & Barco booth. The booth is a bit smaller than the CEDIA one, featuring a 11 feet 5 inch wide cinescope screen. Barco will be supplying either their new "LOKI" or a similar 4K @ 8-10K lumens projector and Alcons will be using a Trinnov preamp with full Auro-3D as well as Atmos setup to showcase true immersive audio in both Dolby and Auro-formats.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:16:11 AM by lygren »
Proudly Representing DreamScreen.no // ScreenAcoustics.com // AT screens & more!

Founder AVforum.no // Norway´s leading AV community since 2002

AVSMike

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »
Hi Everyone.  I've been doing a lot of research on AT screens.  I've come across many positive reviews of the new V6 material.  I'm new to home theater and looking to purchase my first AT screen.  I'm quite interested in using V6.  However, I don't currently own a screen that I could retrofit with different material and I'm not much of a DIY person who is capable or interested in building a screen from scratch.  I am more interested in purchasing a pre-fabricated screen that is designed to accommodate the V6 fabric.  It looks like this type of screen frame is available from DreamScreen in Norway but I don't think it is currently available in the US.

Does AV Science have any plans to start selling screen frames that are compatible with the V6 fabric?  If not, does anyone know where I could purchase a good quality 2.35 or 2.37 pre-fabricated screen frame that could be used with the V6 fabric? 

Thanks.

Give us a call or shoot us an email.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal