AVS Discussions
  Go Down

SVS Cylinder Subs

AVSMike

  • *****
  • 2011
Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 12:14:09 PM »
We still have one kid in college, but he should graduate next year (a year early :D). He only has to take two summer courses to get everything in line...thank God for AP classes!

Once he's done, disposable income will take a $30k per year leap. Granted, I want to get the house paid off in the next five years too, so I'm not sure how much extra $$$ I'll have laying around!
I know exactly what you mean. After May of next year it will be like I got a nice raise, but will need it, since I have a wedding to pay for. Getting your house paid off is nice. It really helps keep your expenses down. No house payment or car payments for us. :) 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSMike

  • *****
  • 2011
Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »
Just do what I did - add two more subs ! Even my wife doesn't know I added two more - " stealth bass " ! ::)

Stealth bass is when you have the 18's completely hidden. Two 18" subs behind the screen and three 18's, part of LCR's below the screen. Picture with screen and grills removed and how it looks completed.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
True, but I'd need an AT screen. It's all about choices. 

AVSMike

  • *****
  • 2011
Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 01:33:50 PM »
True, but I'd need an AT screen. It's all about choices.
You do not have to have an AT screen. Three of my 18's are below the screen, but hidden behind grill cloth. They just don't stick out into the room, flush with front of screen.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »
You do not have to have an AT screen. Three of my 18's are below the screen, but hidden behind grill cloth. They just don't stick out into the room, flush with front of screen.
My front two are hidden. The rear subs are not, but you should be looking forward at the movie. What's behind you is not important ! ::)

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2022, 09:36:48 PM »
Man these subs bring me back to first getting into serious HT. I had them in my bedroom hahah. Loves the fee of the velvet covering 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2022, 11:45:15 PM »
Man these subs bring me back to first getting into serious HT. I had them in my bedroom hahah. Loves the fee of the velvet covering
I still have an Ultra in my theater :)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Former writer for Sound & Vision Magazine

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: SVS Cylinder Subs
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2022, 08:25:16 AM »
i had the passive editions with the samson amps lol.  cs and then cs+  my first was the baby one then the bigger one. but never the biggest
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal