AVS Discussions
  Go Down

The Stunt Man 4k

Barry

  • *****
  • 1148
The Stunt Man 4k
« on: Today at 01:45:33 PM »
The Stunt-Man, is “ a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma..." 

A man on the run from the police, Steve Raisback,  witnesses, the death of a stunt man in a movie. To avoid captured by the police, he joins up with a movie crew and becomes a stunt man. And he gets to date Barbara Hersey.

It takes you a while to figure this out, but this movie is totally divorced from reality. Peter O’Toole is just terrific as an over-the-top director who directs “real life” and the movie the same way. But this movie is a jigsaw puzzle, which when  completed, has a few extra pieces left over. 

I enjoyed this movie very much, especially the second time I saw it because I was able to throw logic out the window from the very beginning. The movie is often satirical of the industry, humorous in its presentation, but totally captivating in how the characters work their way out of situations they never should have been in.

A bit of a downside. Not uncommon for movies of this era, the video is a bit lacking for me. The colors are washed away a bit, and it is not very sharp. In some ways, it looks like an old TV show rather than a good movie on this 4K disc.  However, I understand that this presentation was made from the original negatives. I may be wrong, but maybe this movie was meant to look like it does. The DTS soundtrack is just fine for that era.

This is definitely an unusual and unique movie . As I mentioned before, the movie actually gets better with more viewing. I give it a rating of very good. But I will admit that I have friends who saw this and didn’t like it. Others loved it. Give it a try.


PS: You might find that my reviews, from movies on disc,  are generally about movies I liked. That’s because I only buy movies that I liked. But my reviews for movies that are currently in movie theaters will be more varied.



 




McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000P1K; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal