AVS Discussions
  Go Down

CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy

HomeTheaterGuy

  • *****
  • 144
  • Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »
Columbia House says goodbye, files for bankruptcy: http://bit.ly/1NanyLE

NBPk402

  • *****
  • 550
  • Living the retired life
Re: CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
I remember buying cds from them for many years. I used to sign up for the super good deals, then buy the commitment amount, and quit until they sent another great deal, and then join again.
Marantz av8805a, 2 double stackedK402MEHs, MINIDSP DDRC88M,  Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, 6 Fosi v3 monoblocks for tri-amping, xilica xp4080, 2 Delta Audio 300 plate amps for 2 f20 horn subs, xangsane speaker wire, and XLR cables,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp, NVIDIA Shield Pro

Re: CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »
Columbia House says goodbye, files for bankruptcy: http://bit.ly/1NanyLE

When I was a kid, I belonged to the Columbia Record Club.  No CDs then, just vinyl.

NBPk402

  • *****
  • 550
  • Living the retired life
Re: CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »
When I was a kid, I belonged to the Columbia Record Club.  No CDs then, just vinyl.
When I was a kid... I didn't have a turntable, but I did buy cassettes from them all the time.
Marantz av8805a, 2 double stackedK402MEHs, MINIDSP DDRC88M,  Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, 6 Fosi v3 monoblocks for tri-amping, xilica xp4080, 2 Delta Audio 300 plate amps for 2 f20 horn subs, xangsane speaker wire, and XLR cables,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp, NVIDIA Shield Pro

bmoney

  • *****
  • 3221
Re: CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
shocker ....the prices were insane

I remember the time life collections lol...and sweetpickles...and those collectable cards (never got those though)
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: CD mail order service Columbia House files for bankruptcy
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »
I got so many CDs from them as a teenager. I thought they had already gone out of business!
Theater Equipment list:
JVC RS3000, Panamorph Paladin DCR, 138" Elite 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie, Marantz SR-6011, Emotiva XPA-5 Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Prestige 15B, Rears: Paradigm Atom V6 Atmos: Paradigm P65-R Sub: Rhythmik FV18 Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal