AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Sisu Road to Revenge Strikes on Digital 12/16/2025 and 4K and Blu-ray 2/17/2026

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1585
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
https://i.imgur.com/evdsbRl.png
Sisu Road to Revenge Strikes on Digital 12/16/2025 and 4K and Blu-ray 2/17/2026


From the Sony press release:

SYNOPSIS

SISU: ROAD TO REVENGE is an explosive action event, a sequel to the original sleeper hit SISU. Returning to the house where his family was brutally murdered during the war, “the man who refuses to die” (JORMA TOMMILA) dismantles it and loads it onto a truck, determined to rebuild it somewhere safe in their honor.

When the Red Army commander who killed his family (STEPHEN LANG from Don’t Breathe) comes back hellbent on finishing the job, a relentless, eye-popping cross-country chase ensues — a fight to the death, full of clever, unbelievable action set pieces.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Included on 4K UHD Steelbook, BLU-RAY™& DVD and with the digital purchase of the film at select digital retailers:

  • Upping The Ante
  • Alternate Ending

The 4K UHD Steelbook & Blu-ray™ SKUs include a Digital code for movie and bonus materials as listed above, redeemable via Movies Anywhere for a limited time. Movies Anywhere is open to U.S. residents age 13+. Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for terms and conditions.

CAST AND CREW

Written & Directed by: Jalmari Helander
Producer: Mike Goodridge
Produced by: Petri Jokiranta
Executive Producers: Gregory Ouanhon, Antonio Salas
Cast: Jorma Tommila, Richard Brake and Stephen Lang

SPECS

Run Time: Approx. 89 minutes
Rating: R: Strong bloody violence, gore and language

4K UHD:  Feature: 2160p Ultra High Definition / 2.39:1 • Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible), English, French (PAR) 5.1 DTS-HD MA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Audio Description Track 5.1 Dolby Digital • Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish • Approx. 89 Mins. • Color

Blu-ray™: 1080p High Definition / 2.39:1 • Audio: English, French (PAR) 5.1 DTS-HD MA, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Audio Description Tracks 5.1 Dolby Digital. Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish • Mastered in High Definition • Color • Some of The Information Listed May Not Apply To Special Features.

CAUTION - TRAILER CONTAINS EXPLETIVES - NSFW



The release didn't include any details for the 4K disc, so I'll see if there's any information available for that.

The first one was loaded with over-the-top action on a crazy story!  Judging by the trailer, the sequel looks like it will follow suit, and I'll be looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2025, 07:43:57 PM by SRW1000 »
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

I don't think my wife would be a fan ;)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Former writer for Sound & Vision Magazine

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1585
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
The original posting has been updated with the 4K UHD information, which will include the Atmos mix.
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

I wasn't sure if I would like the first but I did, a lot. So did my wife! 

AVSCraig

Can't wait for this! 8)

SRW1000

  • *****
  • 1585
    • Watch Youthman's tour of my home theater
I wasn't sure if I would like the first but I did, a lot. So did my wife!
Yes, it was unexpectedly fun.  Well, in an over the top, violent way.
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

Yes, it was unexpectedly fun.  Well, in an over the top, violent way.
I have trouble predicting which over the top violent movies/shows either of us will like. I didn't like the first John Wick b/c it felt like too much gratuitous violence hitting bystanders, with no remorse. I watched the 2nd season of The Punisher and barely made it through, looking down a good bit in some of the scenes that were ultra violent. But I loved The Suicide Squad, and she twice bailed on the 1st season of Daredevil where Fisk beats a guy dead with his car door for embarrassing him on a date. Even though that was a bad guy committing an act to show that he was a bad guy, that bothered her more than far higher body count in The Punisher. But we both loved Sisu - I think in part b/c there were clearcut bad guys getting it handed to them by a lone wolf. 

  Go Up
 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal