AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Irritating posting quirk

richlife69

• Let's find some grass and roll in it!
Irritating posting quirk
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:56:26 PM »
Is it really necessary for the software to throw you out of the thread you just posted to after making the post? 

When I reply to a post (at least with a "quote"), I always find myself dumped out of the thread and must start over.  That will get pretty irritating after there are a few pages of posts.  To me, it should reset me at the end of the thread or (even better) at the post I just responded to.
Atmos/DTS:X Setup
Yamaha RX-A3060 w/ Elan Z-Fan; Config: 7.2.4 (switchable to 7.2.2 + Zone2)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)
aci Titan subs (2) RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
OPPO 203;  LG OLED65B6; Harmony 650 and Hub

HomeTheaterGuy

• Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
Re: Irritating posting quirk
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
I agree! Let me work on this.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

• (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore
    • Web Presence Consulting
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 02:42:35 PM »
I have an answer for you, I searched through the admin settings and found little help, but then I remembered that there is a setting in your profile settings under the Look and Layout subsection that will turn that option on for you permanently... by default i think all those options are turned off, you can set any of them to suite your preference.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

richlife69

• Let's find some grass and roll in it!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »
Ok, it looks like you're right.  So I went to my Profile and unchecked this obscure default setting:  Return to topics after posting by default.

Hopefully that will fix it for me.  But why is that the default and how many people will find that "obscure" setting?  I assume that the Mods can change this -- and I think it should be "fixed".

Not just complaining here -- trying to help improve. 

Edit:  Nope -- still bounced out of the thread.
Atmos/DTS:X Setup
Yamaha RX-A3060 w/ Elan Z-Fan; Config: 7.2.4 (switchable to 7.2.2 + Zone2)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)
aci Titan subs (2) RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
OPPO 203;  LG OLED65B6; Harmony 650 and Hub

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:29:11 AM »
Ok, it looks like you're right.  So I went to my Profile and unchecked this obscure default setting:  Return to topics after posting by default.

Hopefully that will fix it for me.  But why is that the default and how many people will find that "obscure" setting?  I assume that the Mods can change this -- and I think it should be "fixed".

Not just complaining here -- trying to help improve. 

Edit:  Nope -- still bounced out of the thread.

By unchecking that option, you tell the system to bounce you back to board level, go back and put the checkmark back, if it still does the bounce there is something different causing the problem... so if that was your first excursion into that menu, it means that by default that option is checked... this could be a theme issue, you can try switching over temporarily to the curve theme and see whether it still bounces you out of the thread and let me know if it works or not
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:47:47 AM by Bob Perry »
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02:19 AM »
Would it be possible to alow 3000kb as the max file size for each post, also work for just 1 file, and a option displaying them full size, for better presentations of screenshots.

NBPk402

• Living the retired life
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
Would it be possible to alow 3000kb as the max file size for each post, also work for just 1 file, and a option displaying them full size, for better presentations of screenshots.
I like this idea too...especially when viewing HT setups.
Marantz av8805a, 3 K402MEHs, 4 Klipsch RP150Ms, MINIDSP DDRC88M, 1 7 channel woofer amp & heights, 3 Icepower amps, Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, Lumin U1 mini, 2 Yamaha P2500s, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, 2 Furman filters, ProJect RPM 1.3 Carbon Turntable,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp

HomeTheaterGuy

• Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 04:15:09 PM »

Can you please rephrase exactly what it is you would like?

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »
Can you please rephrase exactly what it is you would like?

single file size alowed at 3000kb instead of 1000kb, and you can still keep the max limit pr post to 3000kb, and the option to display them full or bigger size than is now whenm looking the thread.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/worldwide-crt-projector-shootout.2000957/page-68#post-24382752

Something like in the link.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »
single file size alowed at 3000kb instead of 1000kb, and you can still keep the max limit pr post to 3000kb, and the option to display them full or bigger size than is now whenm looking the thread.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/worldwide-crt-projector-shootout.2000957/page-68#post-24382752

Something like in the link.

File size issue resolved, lowered the number of files you can attach, but your file size limit increased to 3000, Marc and I are deciding on how to best implement popups for images, we have a couple options and may implement both of them not sure yet, standby...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »
File size issue resolved, lowered the number of files you can attach, but your file size limit increased to 3000, Marc and I are deciding on how to best implement popups for images, we have a couple options and may implement both of them not sure yet, standby...

Very exiting.. Thanks a lot.

Test of the image popup code
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Testing a feature involving attachments, disregard

UPDATE: testing completed, there is now a new feature which will do a popup full screen display of images that you post as attachments...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:28:29 PM by HomeTheaterGuy »
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Test of the image popup code
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
Testing a feature involving attachments, disregard

UPDATE: testing completed, there is now a new feature which will do a popup full screen display of images that you post as attachments...

I love that feature !  :-*
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »
Yeah, I discovered it yesterday, when I put pictures in my theater thread. Nice feature, especially since you can go full screen.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 02:33:56 PM »
Today when i was trying to add a picture i just got a blank screen after pushing the post button, i dit try restart my computer, different threads maybe 10 times same result every time.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal