AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Irritating posting quirk

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

• (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore
    • Web Presence Consulting
Re: Irritating posting quirk
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »
Today when i was trying to add a picture i just got a blank screen after pushing the post button, i dit try restart my computer, different threads maybe 10 times same result every time.

Shoot me a link to the particular post you are referring to... it's usually a problem with the path to where the file is stored, or is it one that you were trying to upload as an attachment? I will check the error log while I wait on your link...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »
Here is the link to the blank page showing up after clicking the post button..

http://discuss.avscience.com/?action=post2;start=45;board=41

And yes i was trying to upload an attachment.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »

The photo worked here !  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:58:59 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 04:15:08 PM »
Testing.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
Looks like its working again..

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
Here is the link to the blank page showing up after clicking the post button..

http://discuss.avscience.com/?action=post2;start=45;board=41

And yes i was trying to upload an attachment.

Yes, that link will take you to a blank edit page that is ready to accept information, if you try to hit the post key in its current state nothing will happen and what is suppose to do is give you an error message that the title and body have no text entered... even if all you do is open the additional options link and upload an attachment, if the title and body don't have anything in it it should throw an error...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:42:10 PM by Bob Perry »
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »
Ok now i got this one...

An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
Back.

Is that meaning i reached a limit to how much i can upload.?

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
Ok now i got this one...

An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
Back.

Is that meaning i reached a limit to how much i can upload.?

Try it again, the system already notified me that there was a problem and it should be okay now...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »
Try it again, the system already notified me that there was a problem and it should be okay now...

Tested and its back on track.. Your working extremely fast.. Great IT support.. ;)

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »
Tested and its back on track.. Your working extremely fast.. Great IT support.. ;)

Sometimes it will be really easy like this one, there may be other issues at times that aren't easy to fix and you may be waiting for a bit, depends on what the problem is... this one may cause us on the staff some issues later on but the users shouldn't get any more folder size restriction errors from here on...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 09:00:54 PM »
Think i had 30 time out errors now, looks like something is down.

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
Think i had 30 time out errors now, looks like something is down.

Are you still getting this? I didn't see this till today... if so, what browser are you using and what operating system are you on? is it mobile or not? I have noticed slow response times lately but not timeouts, this is usually caused by heavy traffic overloading the resource limits set by the server hosting company but it could be other issues as well... after i post this I will have a look in the error log too but lately that stays pretty clean...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 11:54:48 AM »
Are you still getting this? I didn't see this till today... if so, what browser are you using and what operating system are you on? is it mobile or not? I have noticed slow response times lately but not timeouts, this is usually caused by heavy traffic overloading the resource limits set by the server hosting company but it could be other issues as well... after i post this I will have a look in the error log too but lately that stays pretty clean...

Its all fine again, im using google crome on a win 10 laptop, did not have issues with other sites.

richlife69

• Let's find some grass and roll in it!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 03:03:06 PM »
By unchecking that option, you tell the system to bounce you back to board level, go back and put the checkmark back, if it still does the bounce there is something different causing the problem... so if that was your first excursion into that menu, it means that by default that option is checked... this could be a theme issue, you can try switching over temporarily to the curve theme and see whether it still bounces you out of the thread and let me know if it works or not

Ok, dropping back to the original short discussion, yes, having changed that option back to the default, things now act as I expect after making a post -- I see my post added on to the thread.
Atmos/DTS:X Setup
Yamaha RX-A3060 w/ Elan Z-Fan; Config: 7.2.4 (switchable to 7.2.2 + Zone2)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)
aci Titan subs (2) RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
OPPO 203;  LG OLED65B6; Harmony 650 and Hub

bmoney

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »
I cant access my PM's help!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen