AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Barco Residential

Barry

Barco Residential
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:09:53 PM »
Is it out of sheer curiosity. I have a new JVC projector. But does anyone know anything about Barco Residential projectors? The name has just come up.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Barco Residential
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 02:36:13 PM »
Is it out of sheer curiosity. I have a new JVC projector. But does anyone know anything about Barco Residential projectors? The name has just come up.
Paging Alan Gouger! :)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

alangouger

• My avatar, me in my bat cave theater.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 04:14:45 PM »
Hello Barry,
Hello Barry, Barco Residential is a division of the Barco cinema division. Barco is a very reputable company with some cutting-edge technology to their credit. Their residential lineup of projectors usesTIs DLP based imagers whereas your JVC projector is Lcos based. While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing. Do you have any specific questions I can offer answers to? 

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 04:44:23 PM »
Barco was one of the big names in the projector world, especially in the days of CRT front projection. They have become less well-known in the consumer market for some reason. Maybe they have been concentrating more on the commercial market.

Barry

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 07:48:55 PM »
Hello Barry, Barco Residential is a division of the Barco cinema division. Barco is a very reputable company with some cutting-edge technology to their credit. Their residential lineup of projectors usesTIs DLP based imagers whereas your JVC projector is Lcos based. While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing. Do you have any specific questions I can offer answers to?
No thanks, you gave me all the information I need!
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 08:32:24 AM »
FYI, Chris Deutsch has left JVC and is now the West Coast rep for Barco Residential. For anyone interested in one of these projectors, shoot him an email. I'm sure he can get any info you'd like:

chris.deutsch@barco.com

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 08:39:03 AM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 11:03:03 AM »
While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing.
I have not really kept up with Barco but as for DLP technology.......I think that many would be surprised how a modern three chip light engine performs. It's not the single chip DLP that many have experience with and add to this, the best ones use a laser light source. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 11:07:32 AM »
I have not really kept up with Barco but as for DLP technology.......I think that many would be surprised how a modern three chip light engine performs. It's not the single chip DLP that many have experience with and add to this, the best ones use a laser light source.
It performs like the 3 chip Sim2 Lumis Host I had starting in 2009 - only with 4K chips. I love 3 chip DLP - other than the black levels and contrast. 

Barry

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 07:27:26 PM »
FYI, Chris Deutsch has left JVC and is now the West Coast rep for Barco Residential. For anyone interested in one of these projectors, shoot him an email. I'm sure he can get any info you'd like:

chris.deutsch@barco.com
Chris told me that he left JVC and went to Barco. That is why I asked about the company. Chris was a great help to me.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 09:50:52 PM »
Chris told me that he left JVC and went to Barco. That is why I asked about the company. Chris was a great help to me.
I thought you were getting ready to replace your new JVC with a Barco! 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal