AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Jurassic world dominion

bmoney

Jurassic world dominion
« on: June 09, 2022, 03:43:32 PM »
Well broke my cardinal rule of never going to the theater to see a movie

Sitting and waiting  currently in imax so me and my son can view this on opening day. Since he’s been talking about it since the first trailer :)

I’ll report back with my thoughts as well as the imax presentation 

SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Re: Jurassic world dominion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 04:41:39 PM »
Jurassic World Dominion.. Looking forward to seeing the review.
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 05:58:06 PM »
Is that a dino flying a fighter jet? ??? No wonder it's world dominion! ::)

(I'm sure that's just a trailer for Maverick...)

bmoney

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 08:58:05 PM »
Is that a dino flying a fighter jet? ??? No wonder it's world dominion! ::)

(I'm sure that's just a trailer for Maverick...)
No it was just a trailer for the Air Force lol

the movie was awesome. It was a mix of genres and not just another Dino movie. Action, adventure, international world domination etc. 

I don’t want to go into too much detail as I am terrible at spoilers

presentation. The sound was OUTSTANDING. Best surround inhave heard in a theater to date (at including  Dolby theaters) 

picture was a mixed bag. First half of the movie looked amazing. Then the second half had a raised black floor which was very disappointing 
overall a fun experience. Looking forward to it coming I to home. 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Barry

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 01:43:27 PM »
On Tuesday I went to the Dolby theater to see Jurassic Park Domination. Like David had for the movie Morbius, I did go in with low expectations. I knew this was the going to be nothing more than a “B” movie so I was looking to have fun. I no longer leave my brains at the door because I saw the movies starring Venom, and he eats the brains that have been left over!!!!

The first thing that struck me was the great Dolby sound. Every time a dinosaur put down their foot the movie theater shook from the bass. The first Jurassic Park movie had a good plot, good actors and incredible special effects. Today I’m a bit used to the special effects so I wasn’t terribly impressed with them.

But I did have a good time at the movies. While the plot was predictable, it was fun to watch chasing after chasing. And you actually knew who at the beginning was going to make it to the end and which bad guys would not live to see their names in the end credits.

So the movie was nothing special, nothing surprising but it definitely gets a “throughable”  rating for me. If was fun.  But the lead actors are getting older.

Ratings Scale

Really Bad
BAD
Sit-throughable
Good
Very Good
Great

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:47:12 PM by Barry »
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal