AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Audyssey MultiEQ-X

AVSJeff

• JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, Martin Logan & more.
  • THX Certified Home Theater Designer
Audyssey MultiEQ-X
« on: June 01, 2022, 11:33:15 AM »
I've read on some of the forums that there are problems associated with the original Audyssey MultEQ Editor App and that people should use Audyssey MultiEQ-X. I looked for the newer version and cannot find it in the Apple App Store. I'm running release 15.5 on my new iPad and don't see any app other than the original which is known to have bugs (have to readjust the distance for correct time alignment). Does anyone know where to get the newer version of the app for Mac operating systems (laptop, iPad, etc.) or is the MultEQ Editor the only app available currently?
Jeff Ripplinger
AV Science Sales
303-919-5775

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Screen Science, Seymour, Martin Logan, SVS, Triad and more

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Audyssey MultiEQ-X
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 12:49:59 PM »
I've read on some of the forums that there are problems associated with the original Audyssey MultEQ Editor App and that people should use Audyssey MultiEQ-X. I looked for the newer version and cannot find it in the Apple App Store. I'm running release 15.5 on my new iPad and don't see any app other than the original which is known to have bugs (have to readjust the distance for correct time alignment). Does anyone know where to get the newer version of the app for Mac operating systems (laptop, iPad, etc.) or is the MultEQ Editor the only app available currently?
I haven't had any issues that i know of. My version is 1.7.2 ( 2.47.230 ).

Added - The Apple App Store says this was an update 2 weeks ago. Since it's been a couple of months since I re-calibrated, I must have used the previous 1.7.1 firmware version. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 12:52:26 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSJeff

• JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, Martin Logan & more.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »
Ok, I found out that Audyssey MultEQ-X (and -XT) only work with Windows. They do not have an app for MacBooks and iOS devices yet.
Jeff Ripplinger
AV Science Sales
303-919-5775

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Screen Science, Seymour, Martin Logan, SVS, Triad and more

bmoney

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 10:06:18 PM »
That’s shocking 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 10:25:42 AM »
Greetings,

Jeff is correct. I believe that some may have found a work around but, not certain. I have been using Audyssey MultEQ:X with the calibrated mic for a few months now. I liked the MultEQ Editor app but LOVE MultEQ:X.

Regards,

AVSJeff

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 03:48:09 PM »
I'm still working on finding out if the latest firmware release for MultEQ (works with iOS) has fixed the speaker distance bug (time delay) and when MultEQ-X and -XT might be available for Mac users (iPad and MacBooks). Keep in mind that there is a 'work-around' for the speaker distance bug in the MultEQ app.
Jeff Ripplinger
AV Science Sales
303-919-5775

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 02:15:50 PM »
Greetings,

Jeff is correct. I believe that some may have found a work around but, not certain. I have been using Audyssey MultEQ:X with the calibrated mic for a few months now. I liked the MultEQ Editor app but LOVE MultEQ:X.

Regards,
I just got this this week, now that I have my Denon A1H. So far I'm pleased with MultEQ-X. Worth the money over the phone app. And I've just barely started going down the rabbit hole of settings. Going to be fun! So much power under the hood so to speak, and so easy to use. 

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 11:35:17 AM »
This is a great video on MultEQ-X - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABwtaQ8jd5g

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal