AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Is the supply chain blockage finally starting to loosen up?

AVSJeff

• JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, Martin Logan & more.
  • THX Certified Home Theater Designer
Is the supply chain blockage finally starting to loosen up?
« on: January 28, 2022, 02:30:04 PM »
Let me know what you think.
Jeff Ripplinger
AV Science Sales
303-919-5775

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Screen Science, Seymour, Martin Logan, SVS, Triad and more

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Re: Is the supply chain blockage finally starting to loosen up?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 04:16:26 PM »
I doubt it..

At the grocery store, I still see lots of empty shelves.. And every now and then, I will see things come in but very little at a time..
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 05:54:49 PM »
Not in my daytime industry. Raw materials are still very scarce (and expensive). We aren't projecting improvement until Q3 at the earliest. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 07:19:04 PM »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 11:52:05 PM »
The company I work for does metal stamping, and there have been no noticeable improvements that we've seen.  Some metal isn't hard to come by, but some mills are late getting products to the processors.  More exotic materials are scarce with really long lead-times.  Even the lead-times for common commodities such as cardboard packaging and skids have increased.

An even bigger problem is labor.  I was hoping that things might have improved after the last round of stimulus checks and the elimination of the enhanced unemployment benefits, but we have yet to see that.  We just can't seem to get people to stay, even with a generous increase in benefits and wages.  Not that it's only our business, it's affecting everyone in our area.  

I can't see things staying like this for much longer before the overall economy starts to take a big hit.  Sounds simplistic, but we really need people to make stuff in order for everyone to have stuff to buy.
My Room:  26’-1” X 17’-4” X 10’
Equipment:  Monolith HTP-1 feeding X7 and X9 amps, JVC RS3100, Elite Screens 135"", JBL Studio 590 for L, C, R, W, R, 580s for sides and four SCS8 for tops, JTR Captivator 1400 x 4, Panny DP-UB420K, Toshiba HD-A35. Nvidia Shield, Sonos Connect, MX-780 remote

See Youthman's actual tour of my room here: https://youtu.be/PHEaG2xKVhg

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 07:23:27 AM »
The number of ships sitting off the coast of LA or “slow steaming” the Pacific is 2.5x what it was this time last year (approx 40 vs 100). Despite what our President has been saying recently in the news about the health of the supply chain, I’m with David in saying my industry is also not predicting any signs of improvement until at least the 3rd quarter.

And on a separate note, the supposed self-inflicted short supply of lumber due to mills shutting down prematurely in response to Covid fears drying up demand seems to have been a convenient excuse as lumber only came off its peaks for 2-3 months and is now roaring back back up again. Translation: a 4500 sq ft house is estimated to have $180k in lumber alone 😳

bmoney

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 08:07:29 AM »
When will it end is q3 accurate. That is a long time away sheesh. What a mess
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 09:14:22 AM »
Until I can reliably find more of my favorite Bourbons, I say no. I mean, it's not like we stopped growing corn. 8)

Seriously, it's strange to see some of what has been in short supply here. Just yesterday, my wife said that she needed Q-tips. So I go out to the grocery store and there are no Q-tips. Closest pharmacy......no Q-tips. There were no name-brand or store-brand cotton swabs. If we as a nation can't glue enough tiny bundles of cotton onto a stick, we're screwed.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
Until I can reliably find more of my favorite Bourbons, I say no. I mean, it's not like we stopped growing corn. 8)

Seriously, it's strange to see some of what has been in short supply here. Just yesterday, my wife said that she needed Q-tips. So I go out to the grocery store and there are no Q-tips. Closest pharmacy......no Q-tips. There were no name-brand or store-brand cotton swabs. If we as a nation can't glue enough tiny bundles of cotton onto a stick, we're screwed.
All the production is being dedicated for Covid swabs to shove up people's noses :)
Sound & Vision Magazine

tripplej

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »
I saw on the news yesterday that liquor prices are going up due to very short supply and lot of brands will not be able to stock till late summer.
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 06:12:33 PM »
Not in my daytime industry. Raw materials are still very scarce (and expensive). We aren't projecting improvement until Q3 at the earliest.
A friend of mine is repainting his dining room a fairly deep red color. He's been complaining that the paint won't cover and he's applied 5 coats to some areas. I thought he was exaggerating but he says no and he still has some places where the old paint shows through. Says he's buying good quality paint and it has primer in it.

tripplej

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 08:25:22 AM »
A friend of mine is repainting his dining room a fairly deep red color. He's been complaining that the paint won't cover and he's applied 5 coats to some areas. I thought he was exaggerating but he says no and he still has some places where the old paint shows through. Says he's buying good quality paint and it has primer in it.
He needs to go to another brand/store.. Not all Paint is the same quality/texture..

bmoney

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 09:51:42 AM »
I JUST repainted my bathroom that was navy blue. To white. It took two coats of primer and two of paint. So I’m guessing it’s the paint he chose 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 12:11:41 PM »
Tracy,

Tell him to go to a Benjmain Moore store and have the color matched in Aura...it will cover in two coats (and probably one). It's the best paint money can buy, bar none. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 07:08:09 PM »
When will it end is q3 accurate. That is a long time away sheesh. What a mess
Try spring 2023. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal