AVS Discussions
  Go Down

The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad
« on: August 18, 2021, 02:05:34 PM »
Curious how many people saw this and what the reactions are - especially Barry. I had 2 friends see it early with very mixed feedback to me. One absolutely hated it (but didn't go into why), the other enjoyed it and found it very entertaining. Watched it last weekend and I ended up on the latter side - it was messy and at times a bit incoherent, but in a gloriously and hilariously entertaining way. Over the top violence and language including possibly the most cringeworthy parent-child scene ever. There were some fall out of my seat laughing moments, and I may watch again. I would LOVE to have a highlight reel of favorite scenes & lines, there were some great zingers. John Cena as Peacemaker gets a lot of those. I don't always enjoy the uber violent stuff but the tone in this made it more bearable. So, thumbs up from me.

Edit: Started this Sat night after watching Minari (what a total contrast!), watched 30 minutes with my wife then asked Sunday if she wanted to continue. I was a little surprised that she said yes. She didn't enjoy it as much as me overall though.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 02:09:24 PM by Paul Heroy »

Barry

Re: The Suicide Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:46:30 PM »
Hi Paul,

I reviewed it here a couple of weeks ago;

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=2979.0
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Re: The Suicide Squad
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 05:21:58 PM »
Thanks Barry - I looked on this board but missed that in the other one. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal