Snoopy Collection (Blu-ray) review

Snoopy Collection (Blu-ray) review
« on: May 24, 2021, 07:43:29 PM »

Studio: Paramount
Release Date: May 18, 2021
Rating: G
Film: 4/5

Plot
The SNOOPY 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes the debut classic A Boy Named Charlie Brown, the on-screen debut of Woodstock in Snoopy Come Home, the outdoor adventure Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown, and the globe-trotting antics of Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don’t Come Back!).

My Thoughts
I grew up on Snoopy and as a young toddler my favorite toy was a stuffed animal of Charlie Brown’s sidekick. I have seen all of these films previously as a child and it was fun revisiting them on Blu-ray. Sadly, my kids are all grown up and past the stage of linking anything along these lines, but someday my grandkids will get a kick out of watching these films with my wife and I.

The four films were released between 1969 and 1980 and while most would consider them slow by today’s standards, it harkens back to a time when you didn’t need everything going 1,000 miles per hour to be entertained. The characters fit their drawn-up personalities from the comic strip and I consider them to be innocent fun.

Video 4/5

Audio 3.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Travels with Charlie: The Making of Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Digital Copies

Conclusion
If you have young kids and are looking for some innocent entertainment, this should be right up your alley. While the Thanksgiving and Christmas specials are the best of the cartoon adaptations, Peanuts is timeless and is still in print in most newspapers today. If you’re a fan of Charles Schultz be sure to pick this set up.

Reference Review System:
JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High-Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 88” 16x9 Fixed Screen
Trinnov Altitude 16 Audio/Video Processor
ATI AT527NC Powering Bed Channels
ATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: URC MX-990
M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)
M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
JL Audio Dominion F110 Subwoofer x 2
Mini DSP HD controlling all subwoofers
Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling

PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Barry

Re: Snoopy Collection (Blu-ray) review
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 09:30:41 PM »
Love Peanuts
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

Re: Snoopy Collection (Blu-ray) review
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 01:42:51 AM »
Love Peanuts
Barry,

You HAVE to make a trip to Santa Rosa, CA, and go to the Charles Schultz museum. You will love it!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal