AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Happiness is a Warm Home Theatre

Barry

Happiness is a Warm Home Theatre
« on: May 22, 2021, 12:20:43 AM »
I have not been posting very much lately because I have been enjoying my new system. It has really taken me about two years to build the system that has 4K video and Atmos sound.  (Covid restrictions actually added to the time). Boy it is spectacular!!!

I am not really an Internet, social media person but I found the site several years ago that was very helpful, other sites were not.  It was run by Jerry Del Colliano and it shut down a few years ago.  It close down, but, thank gosh, David, Tracy, Ralph, and JJJ invited me here.  I got great advice on how to choose a projector, screen, Processor, 4K player, sub-woofers, remote (well, goodbye Harmony) and so much more. The site has not only save me a lot of time but a lot of money. I replaced the screen and not a projector.

I am just having a very different experience in my media room than I’ve ever had before. And I’m exhausted from it. I am so absorbed by the movies I have been watching I actually have to put a time limit on it. I have seen The Avengers and Endgame, Ford. Vs. Ferrari, The Mummy, Gemini Man and so much more. WHEW!

But I have also been listening to music and have been enjoying that so much also on the new system. Not just as a CDs, but music, such as Diana Krall that was recorded on Blu-rays.

It is just so weird and so very different to be sitting in my own media room with the huge screen and better surrounding you ever get in the theater.

I do have enough popcorn so if you’re ever in the neighborhood let me know!! And really thanks everyone for your help and advice.

https://video.disney.com/watch/how-to-hook-up-your-home-theater-4be387e52d43da0e1266b068

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Happiness is a Warm Home Theatre
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »
So glad to hear that your theater rebuild journey has reached such a satisfying conclusion. I'm pretty much in the same place. Tonight I have a friend coming that has never seen Deadpool ( 1 or 2 ), and was supposed to come watch both one year ago - delayed thanks to Covid ( like your theater ). There really is nothing like a great home theater - enjoy the heck out of it Barry !  
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Barry

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 01:54:09 PM »
Thanks so much. I am hoping it rains so I have an excuse now to stay home. Baseball looks great on it too. And what the puck!  For the first time I saw ten minutes of Hockey on the big screen. It was great.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 08:24:56 AM »
Glad to hear your home theater is exactly what you wanted. Expectation and reality are finally equal. :)

Enjoy Barry!
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

TRainH2O

• Analog guy living in a Digital world
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
Good to hear, Barry. I know from our conversations here and off the site that you have put a lot of time, money, and effort into the new system. It's nice when a well-thought-out plan comes together.

Barry

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 12:01:02 AM »

I worked very hard over the last three years to get the system I now have I wanted to advance to 4K and Atmos and DTS X. At the same time, I am also a “two channel” guy with an SACD player, FM Radio and a photograph Fortunately, I found a dealer (out of my immediate area) who I could trust and work with, but it took a huge amount of time for anything to be delivered after ordering. (I think I ordered in September and it was delivered in April.)  So, this all took way longer than what I thought!!

To me, however, the big deal are the movies, TV shows and streaming videos.  The equipment is a means to their ends. But I was astonished by how good it sounds.

The First movie I saw was Avengers Endgame, my first movie in Atmos.  I thought picture and sound was very good, but after hearing more Atmos, let me say that the sound was just good.

Second Movie was Fellowship of the Ring and it was outstanding. The Atmos was incredible.  Total enjoyment.

Ford vs Ferrari: Great movie, great picture and fantastic sound.

The Mummy: Good picture and good, but not great sound. Not Atmos.

Jurassic Park, my first movie with DTS_X sound. Incredible. This is a 2.5 star movie plot, with 4 star special effects.

My Fair Lady: Looks incredibly good, sound is very good, but not great.
I checked out a few movies on my new Apple TV on Disney Plus and HBO MAX. All have good pictures, but not great sound.  The discs are much better.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal