AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Post COVID Cedia expectation. Whose going, whose buying?

alangouger

• My avatar, me in my bat cave theater.
Post COVID Cedia expectation. Whose going, whose buying?
« on: May 16, 2021, 02:03:57 PM »
With the worst behind us people are focusing on in-home entertainment in fear of another lock-down.  Cedia 2020 was canceled, looks promising Cedia 2021 will take place.
Are you going, what are you hoping to see and are you planning to upgrade your home cinema?
Lets talk Cedia and new toys

Re: Post COVID Cedia expectation. Whose going, whose buying?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:57:25 PM »
With the worst behind us people are focusing on in-home entertainment in fear of another lock-down.  Cedia 2020 was canceled, looks promising Cedia 2021 will take place.
Are you going, what are you hoping to see and are you planning to upgrade your home cinema?
Lets talk Cedia and new toys
I probably won't be going to CEDIA 2021 mainly due to the timing, which is right in the middle of my 2022 planning for my job (budgets, etc.). Sadly, both CES and CEDIA couldn't come at worst times for me, so to attend I'm either going to have to retire or get another job :)

In regard to upgrades, I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy a Trinnov Altitude 16 that I recently reviewed. The company has been kind enough to let me hang on to it for an extended period to see if I want to make the leap. It sounds freaking amazing but it comes at a pretty hefty cost. I'm in the process of convincing "she who shall not be crossed" that we NEED it to say in our home :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:52:31 PM by David Vaughn »
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 05:26:30 PM »
I probably won't be going to CEDIA 2021 mainly due to the timing, which is right in the middle of my 2022 planning for my job (budgets, etc.). Sadly, both CES and CEDIA couldn't come at worst times for me, so to attend I'm either going to have to retire or get another job :)

In regard to upgrades, I'm 99% sure I'm going to by a Trinnov Altitude 16 that I recently reviewed. The company has been kind enough to let me hang on to it for an extended period to see if I want to make the leap. It sounds freaking amazing but it comes at a pretty hefty cost. I'm in the process of convincing "she who shall not be crossed" that we NEED it to say in our home :)
They moved Cedia to the week before Labor Day - which is about the worst time possible. It should be 2 weeks later. Not going this year either. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

alangouger

• My avatar, me in my bat cave theater.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 01:23:11 PM »
I'm 99% sure I'm going to by a Trinnov

The Trinnov is on my shortlist. In the meantime, I've been using Crestron's DSPs, which accomplish the same thing the long way around and don't look as pretty.
If it helps, Trinnov is a family staple, just like Frosted Flakes. A must-have:D

AVSMike

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 09:33:00 AM »
I am going to CEDIA this year. Have no idea what if anything new I will be able to see. As for processors, I picked up the Audio Control Maestro X7. Pretty happy with it. Have used Dirac before, so already knew what to expect. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal