AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Feature Request: Dark Theme

Feature Request: Dark Theme
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
Can we please have a dark theme option whenever you can add it? I tend to look at forums at night after work, and it's much more relaxing in a dark theme.

HomeTheaterGuy

• Your friendly neighborhood admin
    • AV Science
Re: Feature Request: Dark Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:15 AM »
I'll have to look into a dark theme. The template I'm using now doesn't have that option.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

• (T)ogether (E)veryone (A)chieves (M)ore
    • Web Presence Consulting
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 12:31:12 AM »
I'll have to look into a dark theme. The template I'm using now doesn't have that option.

Marc,

I've installed a sharp new dark theme on the test site, see what you think...

https://discuss.avscience.com/AVDiscuss_testsite

Other members can access the testsite as well, although you'll need to re-register an account, but un-necessary if you're just taking a peek at the theme...

@UnknownBeef
@AVSCraig
@AVSJason
@AVSMike
@AVS_support
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:56:17 AM by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting »
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
I'm happy either way - but that looks good !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
I'm happy either way - but that looks good !

I like it, but Marc says we'll have to do without that one but if I can adjust the colors on our current theme he'll go for it... so gonna start experimenting with it on the test site and see what I can come up with... might take me a bit but I bet I can do it very similar to what that theme has because while installing that I have seen what it's background colors are, all I have to do is scour through the .css file and trial and error it to death until I get the right combinations.

;)
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 06:52:48 PM »
I like it, but Marc says we'll have to do without that one but if I can adjust the colors on our current theme he'll go for it... so gonna start experimenting with it on the test site and see what I can come up with... might take me a bit but I bet I can do it very similar to what that theme has because while installing that I have seen what it's background colors are, all I have to do is scour through the .css file and trial and error it to death until I get the right combinations.

;)

I wasn't expecting to have much accomplished so fast but if anyone is interested in having a peak, I'm making fair progress with adapting our current theme into a darker color scheme on the testsite... must tweak a few more buttons and background colors and it'll be ready for evaluation in earnest by everyone... but its coming along nicely

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 01:08:12 AM »
FWIW... I too like the dark colors. Light colors are rough on my eyes towards the end of the evening.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal