AVS Discussions
  Go Down

video Convergence

video Convergence
« on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:10 PM »
Was just wondering on the meaning of Convergence as it has been mentioned on the forums of late and i am interested to know what is meant when one says that the Convergence was spot on in terms of a projectors image.
Love holds the key

Re: video Convergence
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 09:55:17 PM »
Was just wondering on the meaning of Convergence as it has been mentioned on the forums of late and i am interested to know what is meant when one says that the Convergence was spot on in terms of a projectors image.
It means the red, green, and blue light engines all converge in the same spot. If one is off, you can have a slightly blurry image or in really bad cases, light bleed along sharp lines. Here's an old YouTube video that explains it pretty well. 

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 10:44:12 PM »
It means the red, green, and blue light engines all converge in the same spot. If one is off, you can have a slightly blurry image or in really bad cases, light bleed along sharp lines. Here's an old YouTube video that explains it pretty well.

Thanks David, i have read many posts on other forums where it is mentioned but never got the meaning of it. I forgot about Youtube.:) Also on this very site we now have it edited into  the "Home Theatre Terms and Glossary" thread. That thread is an excellent idea. Now time to watch the video. Cheers
Love holds the key

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 02:31:31 AM »
No problem. Enjoy!
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal