Go Down

Soul (Disney+)

bmoney

Soul (Disney+)
« on: December 26, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »
Great new film by Disney. 

Picture - 4/5 
Sound - 5/5

Great looking picture which will prob be even better. NOT streamed. But the atmos was outstanding. Some of the best done by Disney!

Film covers what it means to be inspired and living life to its fullest. 

Loves it.very different than the typical Pixar fodder. My wife didn’t like it. Said it was too weird. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Recommend 
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Barry

Re: Soul (Disney+)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 05:21:39 PM »
I enjoyed it too. The animation was great as usual for a Pixar movie. The story, great for kids, is a bit repetitive of many Disney movies and even Forrest Gump. 

I think that I am now, officially, getting to be too old. I have so many parts of this movie before that I am able to guess not just the ending but the middle. Don't get me wrong, the movie is pleasant to watch. The visuals and the Atmos are just great. But I did not find it very original. Bu that is true of so many movies today.
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »
We also saw this and enjoyed it. Great movie for the holiday season.
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 08:36:24 PM »
I enjoyed it too. The animation was great as usual for a Pixar movie. The story, great for kids, is a bit repetitive of many Disney movies and even Forrest Gump.

I think that I am now, officially, getting to be too old. I have so many parts of this movie before that I am able to guess not just the ending but the middle. Don't get me wrong, the movie is pleasant to watch. The visuals and the Atmos are just great. But I did not find it very original. But that is true of so many movies today.
Barry, I think that shipped sailed a couple of years ago ;)
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »
Greetings,

We watched this last night and we loved it also. The visuals as well as the Atmos track added an additional layer to the entertainment. 

Regards,

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »
We watched it tonight and all loved it. Great story about living life to the fullest and the A/V quality was excellent, especially for streaming. Disney+ does a good job in this regard unlike Peacock, which looks like garbage by comparison. 
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal