Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray) review

Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray) review
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »

Studio: Warner Brothers
Release Date: November 10, 2019
Rating: PG-13
Film: 2/5

Plot
The stakes are higher than ever for the time-traveling exploits of William ‘Bill’ S. Preston Esq. (Alex Winter) and Theodore ‘Ted’ Logan (Keanu Reeves). Yet to fulfill their rock and roll destiny, the now middle-aged best friends set out on a new adventure when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it. Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters, a new batch of historical figures, and a few music legends — to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe.

My Thoughts
Back in 1989, the first Bill & Ted film hit the theaters and while no one took it as a serious film, it was a lot of fun to watch a couple of metalheads romp through history in order complete their high school history project. The film was popular enough to spawn an animated TV show and a sequel in 1991 but I’d never saw a need to revisit the franchise nearly 30 years later, but here we are.

On it’s own this is a harmless film that shows that our two main characters haven’t changed much over the decades, although their wives certainly have (inside joke here—the new actresses playing their wives are much younger than the original “princesses” they married). Regardless, this isn’t a very good film. On the plus side it’s short at less than 90 minutes, but the plot is unoriginal, and the characters are very annoying. Acting like dumbasses while in high school is one thing, acting that way in your late forties/early fifties is just plan annoying.

Video 4.5/5

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features (Housed on Blu-ray):

• The Official Bill & Ted Face The Music Panel at Comic-Con@Home
  • Be Excellent to Each Other
  • A Most Triumphant Duo
  • Death’s Crib
  • Social Piece (Excellence)
  • Blu-ray + Digital Code

Conclusion
If you enjoyed the first two films, you’ll probably find enough here to keep you entertained, but about halfway through I had lost my patience with the main characters. I predicted the ending to my wife less than 15 minutes into the film, which probably didn’t help. The presentation is solid but I’m not sure there’s much replay value.

Reference Review System:
 JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High Definition Front Projector
 (Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
 Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 88” 16x9 Fixed Screen
 Anthem AVM60 Audio/Video Processor 
 ATI AT527NC Powering Bed ChannelsATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
 Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player 
 System Controller: URC MX-980M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
 Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
 SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
 HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
 SVS SB-3000 SubwooferJL Audio Dominion D110 Subwoofer x 2 (configured as tandem mid bass modules)Mini DSP controlling all subwoofers
 Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
 PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Re: Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray) review
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
I enjoyed the first one due to the historical references. The second was just a disappointment. No historical references.

I may check this one out only once it is available on amazon prime/netflix. :)
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
I enjoyed the first one due to the historical references. The second was just a disappointment. No historical references.

I may check this one out only once it is available on amazon prime/netflix. :)
I've never seen any of them. I think I'll just watch John Wick again ! 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »
You did not miss anything. I would not spend money to watch this one. Yes, I have seen it. :) 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 01:57:43 PM »
Yeah, if you want to see the main character, best to watch john Wick!
lol
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
Yeah, if you want to see the main character, best to watch john Wick!
lol
 Or The Matrix in 4K ! 8)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal