AVS Discussions
  Go Down

2020 Sony projectors

2020 Sony projectors
« on: September 17, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Last week Sony announced 2 new consumer oriented projectors to replace existing models, VPL-VW715ES ($10k, lamp powered), VPL-VW915ES ($20k, laser powered) plus a super high end flagship, the VPL-GTZ380.

The announcement - for example here on ProjectorCentral - mentions updated X1 processor, dynamic HDR enhancements, and a "digital focus optimizer". Surprised it hasn't been brought up here yet, I'm curious to hear initial impressions. Looks like PC should have a review soon.

While writing that I checked Projector Reviews, there is a review already up of the VPL-VW915ES dated the day of announcement so they obviously have a good relationship with Sony!

Curious to see what the folks here think.

Re: 2020 Sony projectors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:41:58 PM »
I have the 915ES here (again) and will be doing a full review at HTR. With that said, I have two other projector reviews I need to finish first, so this one is on the back burner for now. But if anyone has any questions in the mean time, feel free to ask.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

Re: 2020 Sony projectors
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »
Last week Sony announced 2 new consumer oriented projectors to replace existing models, VPL-VW715ES ($10k, lamp powered), VPL-VW915ES ($20k, laser powered) plus a super high end flagship, the VPL-GTZ380.

The announcement - for example here on ProjectorCentral - mentions updated X1 processor, dynamic HDR enhancements, and a "digital focus optimizer". Surprised it hasn't been brought up here yet, I'm curious to hear initial impressions. Looks like PC should have a review soon.

While writing that I checked Projector Reviews, there is a review already up of the VPL-VW915ES dated the day of announcement so they obviously have a good relationship with Sony!

Curious to see what the folks here think.

Take a look at who the reviewer is. He worked for Sony for nearly 9 years. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal