Young Sheldon: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray) review

Young Sheldon: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray) review
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »

Studio: Warner Brothers      
 Release Date: September 1, 2020
Rating:  Not Rated
Film:  5/5

Plot
 For young Sheldon Cooper, it isn't easy growing up in East Texas. Being a once-in-a-generation mind capable of advanced mathematics and science isn't always helpful in a land where church and football are king. And while the vulnerable, gifted and somewhat naïve Sheldon deals with the world, his very normal family must find a way to deal with him.

Created and executive produced by Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro, executive producers of the hit TV series The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon is also executive produced and narrated by Jim Parsons, who plays the fan-favorite Sheldon Cooper in The Big Bang Theory. Steve Holland and Todd Spiewak also executive produce. The star cast features Iain Armitage (Big Little Lies), Zoe Perry (The Family, Private Practice), Lance Barber (The Comeback), Montana Jordan (The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter), Raegan Revord (Modern Family) and Matt Hobby (Hart of Dixie, Boardwalk Empire) with Annie Potts (Designing Women).

My Thoughts
 Young Sheldon is the only disc I’ve reviewed on DVD in over ten years. That’s how much I loved the show…I’d slum with it in 480p in order to spend some time with the Cooper family. As expected, the third season of the show took a dip in the ratings without The Big Bang Theory lead in dropping to about 8.7 million viewers versus the 11.1 million from the previous season, but the quality of the show has actually improved. Ratings are tough to judge from year to year given how many people are cutting the cord, but even with the ratings drop the show is holding its own and should be around for another few years as a great tie-in to the show that spawned the sequel.

When the show was initially announced I thought it would truly suck. Sheldon was probably my least favorite character on TBBT but Chuck Lorre and Steven Molaro have taken the iconic character and surround him by an outstanding cast that stands on its own. In fact, one could watch this show without ever having watched TBBT and thoroughly enjoy it. Why do I say that? Well, I use my Mom as the example. She loves this show and has never even watch TBBT!

While Sheldon is the central character of the show, its delves into serious topics such as religion, family, dating, growing up, and how ones relationship with those around them evolve over time. Every single character on the show has shown growth over the first 3 years of the show and some of the episodes will literally bring you to tears—especially if you’re a parent. Unfortunately, the show wasn’t able to complete its final episode due to the Pandemic but I’m hoping to see it when the show starts back up because it’s going to show Sheldon’s graduation from high school at the age of 11.

Video 4.5/5 

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

·        The Coopers, East Texas, and the ‘80s

Conclusion
 If you haven’t figured it out yet, I LOVE THIS SHOW! If you haven’t had a chance to see it yet, start with Season One (available on CBS All Access) and give it 6 episodes—you won’t regret it. The cast is amazing and the heart-felt stories are easy to watch more than once due to their humor and likable cast. Highly recommended.

Reference Review System:

Reference Review System:
 JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High Definition Front Projector
 (Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
 Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 110” 2.35:1 Fixed Screen
 Anthem AVM60 Audio/Video Processor 
 ATI AT527NC Powering Bed Channels

ATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
 Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player 
 System Controller: URC MX-980

M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)
M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
 Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
 SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
 HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
 JL Audio Fathom F110 Subwoofers x 2 (stacked)

JL Audio Dominion D110 Subwoofer x 2 (stacked)

Mini DSP HD controlling all subwoofers
 Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
 PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal